Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Carra: Sami Will Go Down In History - 17th Nov 2007 3:20pm
Originally Posted by LiverpoolFC.tv Report Extract
“I’ve been saying it for years, Sami will go down in history alongside the likes of Ron Yeats, Alan Hansen and Emlyn Hughes.

“When you think of the foreign players who have played in this country, for me Sami is up there with Dennis Bergkamp and Gianfranco Zola.

“Not many players have come to the Premiership from abroad and played for just one club for as long as Sami has and in all the time he’s been at Liverpool you could probably count his bad performances on the fingers of one hand.”

Today, Hyypia will win his 84th cap for Finland when his national team takes on Azerbaijan in a Euro 2008 qualifier in Helsinki and he will again be involved on Wednesday night when the Finns make the trip to Portugal.

Again, I agree with every single point Carra has made in this report, Sami has been almost legendary for us at the back over the last decade, he came to Anfield as an unknown from Willem II in Holland, and after 416 games for us and counting, there probably isnt a football fan in Europe who hasnt heard of him, simply because he has proved to be one of the best and most consistent centre backs in the world.

I still hope he gets offered another season because he has proved this season, that even with age against him, he can still cut it and provide much needed backup, and am desperate for us to win the title whilst he's still at the club, given the fact he's won every other major honour with us in football lol.

Liverpool Echo Report
© Wirral-Wikiwirral