Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Big Sam Resigns - 29th Apr 2007 3:44pm
Originally Posted by BBC Sport
Sam Allardyce has resigned as manager of Bolton with immediate effect.

He has been linked with the manager's role at Manchester City and refused to attend the post-match press conference after Saturday's 2-2 draw with Chelsea.

He said: "This has been one of the hardest decisions I've ever made but it's time for a new exciting era for Bolton under different leadership."

Wow thats quite a shock. The fella has been an absolute legend for Bolton. He has taken them from a 1st Division team all the way to Premiership regulars playing European football.

When he took over, they were the type of team who, when they would get into the Premiership, they would be number 1 relegation candidates. Now they are as much a part of the Premiership as Tottenham or Aston Villa, they are currently a stable 5th in the Premiership with 2 games of the season remaining.

Everyone knew he was stepping down at the end of this season, but I didnt think it would be before the end of the season.

BBC Sport Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Big Sam Resigns - 29th Apr 2007 3:48pm
Shocked something fishy going on there.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Big Sam Resigns - 30th Apr 2007 7:47am
Their already expected to announce his replacement in less then 3 hours!!!

Bolton are to hold a news conference at 1100 BST on Monday in the wake of boss Sam Allardyce's resignation on Sunday.

Club chairman Phil Gartside is expected to make a quick appointment, with assistant Sammy Lee and midfielder Gary Speed possible candidates.

Gartside has revealed he had known about Allardyce's intention to quit for the past two weeks, giving him time to think about a successor.

"I've had the chance to get used to it as I've known for two weeks," he said.

"It's a credit to Sam and other people that have known to keep it to ourselves."

Deffo something fishy going on to have the replacement lined up that fast.

BBC Sport Update
© Wirral-Wikiwirral