Forums
[img]https://imgur.com/GBCAtTO[/img]

Bought locally to fix up and use as a MIDI controller, but for some reason my cheapo MIDI adapter will not talk to it, so does not seem worth doing the repairs for me at least. I suspect it has something to do with the MIDI settings on the keyboard itself, but the manual is a "throw you in the deep end" type of manual, and is a bit too advanced for me. I love these 80s/90s Synths, but sadly I will need to go with something a bit newer.

The keyboard powers up no problem, the LCD works fine, nice and bright with no dead or corrupt pixels. I connected it to an external amp, and sound came out. The presets I tried seem to work fine. The buttons seem to work (although some only seem to be used in certain modes, so cannot guarantee ALL the buttons work), settings can be changed, but like I said, it is a bit too advanced for my abilities.

As to what needs repairs, 6 or so keys are silent, and 2 or 3 are either too loud or too quiet. I was hoping all it needs is a clean of the contacts, but I never got to the point of opening it up because of the MIDI.

Might be an easy repair for someone with more knowledge than me, or it's worth the money in parts alone. It is in great condition for a 30 year old synth.

£30, no offers, just getting back what I paid for it.
Includes the original manual!
Collection Only
Sold
© Wirral-Wikiwirral