Forums
Posted By: j_demo Whyte 802 mountain bike - 25th Apr 2017 11:07pm
Got this about 18-20 months ago through the cycle to work scheme and so have had it since new and have looked after it really well. It's always been stored indoors and cleaned thoroughly often.

Very high spec bike, includes hydraulic disc brakes, rockshox airsprung fully tunable forks, british made, internal cable routing and sexy paint/powdercoat.

Review can be found HERE (<- this link says it's a 'female specific' model and while it might be, i'm a 5'9" male and the proportions are perfect for me, I also don't think it looks like a womens bike, it's mainly matt silver colour with little bits of light blue and pink)

Specs are:

Colour - Matt Zinc/Violet & Aqua

Frame - 6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, internal Brake and Cable routing with Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts

Fork - RockShox XC-30 Silver, 100mm Travel, Solo Air, Adjustable Rebound, Alloy Steerer, Turn Key Lockout

Headset - FSA No. 10 Caged Bearings

Rear Hub - Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole

Front Hub - Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole

Spokes - WTB 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples

Front Rim - Mavic en321, 6106 aluminium alloy, 32 Hole

Rear Rim - Whyte XC-22, sleeve joint, 32 Hole

Front Tyre - Maxxis IKON Wire 27.5" x 2.2"

rear Tyre - Maxxis IKON Wire 27.5" x 2.2"

Shift Levers - Shimano Acera, 9 Speed

Front Mech - Shimano Acera, 9 Speed

Rear Mech - Shimano Deore RD-M592 Shadow

Cassette - Shimano HG-200, 11-34, 9 Speed

Chain - Shimano HG-53, 9 Speed

Crankset - Shimano M391, 44-32-22, Silver, 9 Speed with 170mm Cranks, Octalink

Bottom Bracket - Shimano BB-ES25 Octalink

Seatpost - Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp

Saddle - Whyte Custom Sports

Handlebar - Raceface Evolve 725mm wide

Stem - Whyte Custom, 70mm

Grips - Whyte Custom Lock-on

Front Brakes - Tektro Auriga, 180mm rotor, Internal Routing

Rear Brakes - Tektro Auriga, 160mm rotor, Internal Routing

Brake Levers - Tektro Auriga WDS Compact

Pedals - Nukeproof Horizon Comp

Weight - 13.2Kg

This is a phenomenal bike with high specs all round.

here's what everyone's here for, the pictures:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Since these pictures were taken i have changed the tyres to WTB WolverineSS tyres which are still wide mountain bike tyres but offer less rolling resistance than the Maxxis Ikon's ao i used this bike to commute. Also the pedals have changed from DMR V8's to the Nukeproof ones which are light purple/dark pink in colour (matches the pink on the bike) amd the handlebars upgraded to Raceface Evolve 725mm wider handlebars.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me. This bike was £750 for the basic bike when i bought it and i've upgraded several things as described above so i've probably spent upwards of £850 on it easily. Other than that, it's a really unique bike (i've only ever seen one other one the same as it and that was in Liverpool) and it rides really nicely. I did plan to get it converted to a 1x drivetrain with a clutched derailleur and a dropper seatpost but i have another bike with all that so can't quite justify doing it to this bike as well. I have all the paperwork here for you as well and can set the bike up to your needs if ypu want (adjust the fork air volume and rebound as well as seat height, position and angle if you want all that done)

Can provide extra/more up-to-date pictures as well if you want.

Price: £450
Posted By: j_demo Re: Whyte 802 mountain bike - 17th May 2017 3:07pm
Now sold
© Wirral-Wikiwirral