Forums
Posted By: turnip Volkswagen Golf Mk4 1.4 - 16th Jan 2016 7:45pm
Selling my Golf as my wife has decided we need another dog and so I have to get a bigger car. The car is a 1.4 Mk4 Golf in a gold colour although officially it is apparently beige.

It has:
Electric Windows
Power Steering
Cheap Tax
2 Recent Tyres
Full Engine Overhaul 2 Years Ago
Pop Out Cupholders
Adjustable Steering Wheel
Two new rear coil springs

I have serviced the car every year since buying it two years ago. It is MOT'd until the end of June. Extremely reliable, I have never had a problem getting it to start or run. Engine was overhauled as it was burning oil and so failed it's MOT and we decided rather than to do a temporary fix to take the engine out and completely overhaul it. As part of the overhaul it had:

New Rings
New Shells
New Bearings
New Clutch
New Valve Stem Seals
New Head Gasket
New Valves
Newer Camshaft Carrier
New Cam Belt

The car is very good and feels quite sporty when driving it.

Now for the negatives:
There is a small chip on the windscreen although that has been there since I bought it and it has never gotten any bigger.

The boot light doesn't work. This is because the switch in the latch has broken. I've had it apart to check but it never bothered me so I didn't replace it.

There is a scuff on the front, however this will be repaired before sale. I have the paint and the bumper trim to replace it.

The interior ashtray doesn't close. Again it's no big deal unless you use it and it's never bothered me.

The car is taxed, MOT'd and insured so (subject to proper insurance) can be test driven.

Looking for £1350 ono. Will upload pictures tomorrow when I get time to take some.
Posted By: keving Re: Volkswagen Golf Mk4 1.4 - 17th Jan 2016 12:06am
what year and mileage ? How many owners including you ?

Thanks.
Posted By: turnip Re: Volkswagen Golf Mk4 1.4 - 17th Jan 2016 9:53am
Ah yeah. It's a 52 plate and it's done just less than 87000 miles so quite low for 14 years. As for previous owners I'll have to let you know when I can work out which box the V5 is in as we're moving house.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral