Forums
Posted By: Jake_ For Sale, Apache Quad with Suzuki GSF 650 Engine - 3rd Jul 2015 11:57am
I'm deciding to sell my 59 plate Apache 450 quad, it looks the same as this quad just with modifications.
[Linked Image]

This quad IS ROAD LEGAL, has MOT until July, it passes MOT easy enough as they only test the brakes and lights etc.

When I bought it 2 years ago it had the original 450 single cylinder engine, but was replaced with a Suzuki GSF 650 engine, due to the 450 engine seizing on a hot summers day. The engine was second hand so wasn't told the mileage just said it was pretty low.

The quad itself is in brilliant running order with a few small problems which I'll honestly list:

Exhaust needs welding, there's a crack which needs welding (can be done before purchase or can get done yourself)

Plastics are peeling a little, small crack on rear right wing. I've seen full plastics being listed for £100 on ebay.

Speedo doesn't measure speed, I've been told it's an easy fix, just needs taking to a motorbike garage to have it looked at.

It has no keys, the ignition switch was took out and replaced with a on/off switch, but there's a mount under the back seat for an ignition barrel to be added.

It's been in storage since September, it's dusty, needs a good clean, but started up perfectly after a battery boost.

These quad bikes go for £3500+ on ebay second hand, with the normal 450 single cylinder engine. I've yet to see another Apache 450 with an engine replacement. The quad frame has been reinforced to hold the new engine, also a wheelie bar has been mounted on the rear to prevent flipping. This is a HIGH powered quad, extremely fast and extremely fun. The only reason I'm selling is to financial difficulty. If anymore information is needed, just contact me, I'll be happy to provide you with the answers to your question.

I'll be accepting offers in the range of £2700+ It comes with logbook.
did you install the engine, or has it been done professionally ?

Any pictures of the install ?

Posted By: Jake_ Re: For Sale, Apache Quad with Suzuki GSF 650 Engine - 14th Jul 2015 11:06pm
Sorry mate, only just seen you replied.

It was a professional install, but it's been sold now. Sorry I never got back to you earlier! (wasn't sold to anyone on this forum).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral