Forums
Posted By: venice Mans mountain bike - 14th Apr 2014 11:43pm
White Gitane mountain bike. Not sure if Ive measured the frame right, but its 18.5" from the top of the joint where the tube under the seat is , down to the V joint at the bottom. Needs cleaning up but seems to be working fine and no punctures so could be ridden home (except no lights) £25 . Sorry about the confusing picture , the garage is a state and I couldnt get the bike outside tonight, but wanted to get the ad online. Pick up Neston.

Attached picture DSC02604.JPG
Posted By: venice Re: Mans mountain bike - 15th Apr 2014 12:40am
For the frame measurement, I meant from immediately under that silver ring under the seat, down to the inside of the V.
Incase that measurment is meaningless, the seat at height seen, was set by a guy 5ft 10ins if that helps at all.
Posted By: venice Re: Mans mountain bike - 15th Apr 2014 6:29am
ps This photo makes the bike appear to look newish. Its not, its tatty with beginnings of rust on body and wheels.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Mans mountain bike - 15th Apr 2014 1:09pm
A) you measured it right
B) the rust etc can be sorted at birkenhead powder coaters for £40, they will sandblast and respray the frame in a colour you want.
c) not interested sorry, just clarifying a few points you made smile
Posted By: venice Re: Mans mountain bike - 15th Apr 2014 1:36pm
Thanks Jack, nice to know I can get something right these days! Doubt anyone would want to bother to spend more than get the chrome cleaning cream out and touch up the white parts really as its more of a workhorse bike I would have thought than a beauty project , but you never know. (I tried it myself at some point , but the crossbar and 12 more gears than I was used to , defeated me lol!)
Oooow - and the narrow seat -ouch !
Posted By: venice Re: Mans mountain bike - 16th Apr 2014 10:36am
Proper photo this time.

Attached picture DSC02613.JPG
Attached picture DSC02612.JPG
Posted By: mike1965 Re: Mans mountain bike - 19th Apr 2014 4:44pm
Hi would you do £20? pm if you could please
© Wirral-Wikiwirral