Forums
For sale is my Vauxhall astra. 1.6 SXI in blue. Tax until April, MOT just ran out.

The problems with the car are as follows;

It started chugging on us, so we took it to the mechanic, and he said something about a swirl pot? He advised to fill it half full of fuel, and put Red X(fuel cleaner) in it, then take it on a run. This cleared up the problem. But it happened again, so we re-did what he said, and it ran fine again, so it needs Red X in it when you refill. And we cant let it get below quarter of a tank full. This hasn't bothered us too much as it has been used by my partner for work (mobile carer) and has been fine for her. It does still chug, but when we put the fuel cleaner in, it runs fine again after a good run.

The Mot has just ran out.

There is a crack in the window. This was off the high winds the other week. Roof tiles fell off the neighbours house and hit it. This has also marked the wheel arch.

The battery is flat, so I cant get a read off the mileage until I have charged it. The battery keeps loosing charge so will need replacing.

The front tyres go flat.

This would make a good project car or donor car.

It has the 16" sxi alloy wheels which are very desirable. I have also put a brand new coil pack and spark plugs on it.

The car is being sold as spares or repairs. No warranty is given or implied and the vehicle is sold as seen.

Any questions feel free to ask

I'm asking £300 ono

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's cheap
However, I think your problem is the intank filter, or the 'swirl pot' (basically a little passageway into the fuel pump) hole is clogged - try filling it up halfway without Redex, it'll run fine without putting any additives in.
http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co...stra-2000-x-1-4-tank-fuel-issues.209043/
Great stuff, thanks for that info DavidB, she has a new car now, so will just be selling the car as it is, many thanks for the info again smile
Reduced to £200
© Wirral-Wikiwirral