Forums
Posted By: mrhanky HTC HD2 factory refub - 25th Feb 2012 3:34pm
htc hd2, just got it back from a warranty claim, had the vibrate fixed and new screen, the old one was showing swigns of dis colouring as they do with use.

everything else was fine with it.

£175...no offers, will deliver.
Posted By: jpharrison Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 25th Feb 2012 11:13pm
i have this phone, and its awful...
Posted By: kimpri Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 26th Feb 2012 12:08am
Originally Posted by jpharrison
smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 26th Feb 2012 3:09am

Can't understand why you'd think that... these are the epitome of all Windows Mobile handsets ever produced, indeed they were the swansong of the Windows Mobile era.

Microsoft and HTC had to custom-develop this phone to support many modern features that were not natively supported by the 6yr old WinMo OS and thus previous Windows Mobile handsets, such as capacitive touchscreen support, the powerful ARM A8 CPU etc...

In addition to which, they are pretty much the only Windows Mobile handset, that can, out of the box, run the new Windows Phone 7 operating system without serious revision, and actually has the power to do so smoothly (relating to the fact the all-singing, all-dancing HD7 was generally accepted as an updated HD2 rather than a new handset).

Good luck with the sale smile
Posted By: jpharrison Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 26th Feb 2012 9:35am
i think its awful to be fair, and i am looking forward to their new one anyway.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 26th Feb 2012 5:59pm

yeah of course it is, get yourself an iphone instead laffin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 27th Feb 2012 2:46am

Grow up, coffee more like you have not got a clue how to use it.. smack
Posted By: Chorizo Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 27th Feb 2012 8:25am
I had the HTC Hd2 and I flashed android onto it and it became a completely different phone! The phone itself is good but the windows operating system on it is not. So anyone that thinks of buying it don't hesitate but get it flashed to android and you have a top notch smart phone.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 27th Feb 2012 12:52pm
Originally Posted by _Jase_

To be fair i had both the htc hd and the htc hd2 an have to agree, the windows operating system is pretty terrible
Posted By: MattLFC Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 28th Feb 2012 2:44am
Originally Posted by lau2908
Originally Posted by _Jase_

To be fair i had both the htc hd and the htc hd2 an have to agree, the windows operating system is pretty terrible

Of course it is, for those who don't know how to use it/are not used to it. I've personally used it for years, and it is absolutely fantastic, epic battery life, very fast and stable, Flash support, IEM that actually replicates a desktop experience, as well as Opera Mini if you want it, Microsoft Office is included as standard (and they say it's only available on WP7 lol) and tens of thousands of apps that are actually worth using (generally proper, in-depth applications rather than cut-down or pointless things), all available for free via the warez community, you just have to know what a .cab file is and your way around the file-manager (it's just like using Windows to install a .exe, not difficult) - or you can alternatively use the Microsoft Windows Mobile Marketplace if you really are too simple to understand this, though you won't be able to get warez apps.

I find it very interesting that most delivery/courier companies and haulage companies etc, are still using PocketPC/Windows Mobile if it is so terrible... not to mention the hundreds of thousands of EPOS systems across the country in all your pubs etc that rely on Windows CE 5 (the same kernel used in WinMo).

As said above, for those who find it too complicated, stick to iOS.

With the HD2, you have the best of both worlds, for those who prefer control and geekiness, you have the option of Windows Mobile and/or Android (hell you can dual-boot the bloody things), or of course for those who want modern and simplicity, you have the added option of Windows Phone 7, which blows both the former OS's away in terms of GUI.

A cracking phone for all but the most-hardened iOS fanboi. Now you have been given a lesson in the workings of an HD2, can you please stop shitting on this mans thread, thank you!!
Posted By: lau2908 Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 28th Feb 2012 10:21am
lol its not a case of not being able to use it, trust me i know it like the back of my hand , however I am referring to stability issues an the slowness when running it on the htc hd's
Posted By: mrhanky Re: HTC HD2 factory refub - 28th Feb 2012 5:04pm
think i'll go and [censored] stuff of that other people are selling, might pass some time for me.

i wonder if jpharrison and lau are trying to sell things that i can go and [censored] off?

as my old nan says, "if you haven't got anything nice to say go and play with the traffic on the motorway"
© Wirral-Wikiwirral