Forums
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Sony Vaio VGN-CS31S Laptop - 14th Jan 2012 6:06pm
Sony Vaio VGN-CS31S in Spicy Red.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/03/electronics/detailpage/100/sony/B002CGSBVA_1.jpg

Sold as spares or repairs.

Known faults:
-At some point liquid has been splashed on the screen so it has 2 visible watermarks, other that that the screen works fine.
-The fan will need to be replaced as it no longer works so the laptop overheats and shuts off if its taxed.

AFAIK everything else works fine, it can be seen working, but as stated, it is sold as seen spares or repairs.

Includes the battery and charger (which are worth a lot more than the asking price alone) and a Genuine Vista Home Premium Product Key.

An OS will not be included on the hard drive which will be wiped clean.

Details/Specs:
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-cs-series/vgn-cs31s-r

£70
Posted By: Clive Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CS31S Laptop - 15th Jan 2012 9:45am
Is this price Negotiable, and if you are going to format hdd, does it have recovery partion. If not do you have a back up of drvers for it.
I will give it serious consideration if the price is right, its going to cost £70 for new screen.
The link you supplied with tech specs, does it still have all these specs, i.e 320 hdd & 4gb ram.

If the price is Negotiable pm me with the lowest you will take and I will let you know.

Thanks
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CS31S Laptop - 15th Jan 2012 10:28am
Hi Willo,

The recovery partition had some files deleted off it so refused to work, I completely wiped the drive to put XP Pro 64 (which it currently has) on it as I much prefer it. It doesnt come with any recovery discs, it didnt when new because it had the partition. I have had XP Pro x64, Vista and 7 x64 on it. XP was a pain because there arent technically drivers for it so some of the custom features didnt work (multimedia buttons, etc) but that was a decent trade for me to get XP running. The drivers for vista and 7 can be found on Sonys website.

Yes it has all the specs listed on the link (apart from the software obviously), its a decent machine.

60 is the lowest I would take, even used they are still fetching £500+, so even with the cost of repairs you would make a profit.

I just dont have the time to do it myself.
Posted By: Clive Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CS31S Laptop - 15th Jan 2012 10:36am
would you be able to put pic up of the screen when its powered up please so i can see what effect the damage has on screen, or email it to me, i will pm you my email add.
Thanks
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CS31S Laptop - 15th Jan 2012 10:52am
email'd
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CS31S Laptop - 15th Jan 2012 12:29pm
preliminarily sold
© Wirral-Wikiwirral