Forums
Posted By: TheComputerLab HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 11:08am
Hi All.

I have a HTPC for sale, For those of you that may not be to sure what that is exactly let me explain. it is a small computer that plugs in to the TV the setup is optimised to play 1080 MKV video files that you have eiother ripped from a Blu Ray or downloaded from the likes of "love film" or other location.

Specs are as follows
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3 6MB Cache
XFX HD 5450 650MHz 512MB DDR3 HDMI DVI
Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 880G Socket AM3
Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Blu Memory Kit CL9 (4GB Total)

I chose all these components especially for the job at hand. the computer downloads a lot of information, its main task is unzipping RAR files, some as large as 50 gigabyte. the CPU and Ram are designed for this type of intensive work.

If you have an AMP and 5.1 setup that supports DTS HD Master and True HD, The graphics card was especially selcted to fdacilitate this, it will allow the passthrough to the amp of this type of codec via the HDMI cable, If you dont have an AMP etc you can just plug the system straight in to your HD TV.

The Hard drive will come pre loaded with all my Movies and Music, Many Many gigabytes of all the latest films and music. It is up to the purchaser to delete what content that they do not own the legal rights to. (legal bit done)

PC will come with a 400GB hard drive installed and ready to go with Windows 7 Ultimate. It does not have the Blu Ray player that you see in the picture, but it does have a DVD CD/RW.

Only selling as i need (for work) to buy an Apple Mac and need all the cash I can, those things are soooo expensive.

Any Questions Please Ask.
I paid £600 for this system at Xmas just 11 months ago. Looking for £300 Can be seen working any time.

Attached picture Photo 08-11-2011 10 55 13.jpg
Attached picture Photo 08-11-2011 10 55 25.jpg
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 12:58pm
Thats nice, certainly worth the money. Could do with an upgrade on mine, but funds wont permit at the moment. Good luck with the sale though wink
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 1:42pm
Yes it is, it is very targeted towards the AV side of life. I have a 7.1 surround sound system and amp all my content pretty much is Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master so needed a system that could cope with outputting that. Sure it will play some games but not on high settings, but when it comes to unzipping and that kind of stuff you cant beat the 3.2ghz (not overclocked) on the four cores to get the job done quickly.

How much can you afford Rhoobarb? see if we can do a deal?

Oops, Also forgot to mention, the case is a Silver stone (was £100 quid) and the PSU is a Powercool Modular system.. none of the equipment used is "vanilla"
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 3:54pm
Thanks for the offer of a deal, but unfortunately my computer budget is spent up for a few months.
Posted By: TheDr Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 4:36pm
I have a budget of £200 to buy this if you're interested, but that's only because it's nearly Christmas and I'm a tight fisted b'stard frugal
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 7:28pm
How about £300 and i let you keep that Iphone??
Posted By: TheDr Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 8:49pm
£250 and I'll keep the phone, recycle price on it is pants smile
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 9:26pm
Hmm tell you what, 300 and I will leave the blu ray player in??
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 9:49pm
Grrr, great, right when I'm sorting my insurance out!

Bummer frown
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 9:58pm
Lol, well I am just watching the latest walking dead on it now incase it goes soon!!

It isn't gone yet ste. Keep an eye on the thread. I may have another one in a week or 2 anyway. May be a bit dearer though, but it is a bit better.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HTPC Media Center - 8th Nov 2011 11:54pm
Originally Posted by TheComputerLab
Lol, well I am just watching the latest walking dead on it now incase it goes soon!!

It isn't gone yet ste. Keep an eye on the thread. I may have another one in a week or 2 anyway. May be a bit dearer though, but it is a bit better.

It's a no go for me atm mate due to a £1860 insurance quote which I'm taking as its the cheapest.

With Christmas around the corner that kind of makes it a wrap for me frown

Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: HTPC Media Center - 9th Nov 2011 8:05am
Holy moly!! Is that car insurance?? What car do u drive?? Give Adrian flux a call, 500 quid roughly for the lotus in my piccy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HTPC Media Center - 10th Nov 2011 7:14pm
It's for trade insurance as I have a few cars and it's for sports prestige and demo cover.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral