Forums
Posted By: TheDr FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 31st Aug 2011 6:26pm
Thule Tour 510

The simplest and most elegant way to carry a bike

Its aluminium construction makes it very lightweight.

The new type of self-adjusting frame holder enables you to quickly and easily load your bike.

The securing is done at a comfortable roof height

[Linked Image]
The above is blatantly copied from Thule.

This item is in unused condition, it is boxed but the box is a bit rough round the edges where it has been stored (my garage).

Cheapest I can find these anywhere is £70 so looking for around the £40 mark.

Will consider sensible offers, haggling and swaps (no ex/current wives or girlfriends smile )
Does this attach to a roof rack? How many bikes will it hold?
Posted By: TheDr Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 31st Aug 2011 9:16pm
Yes it goes on the roof bars, it holds one bike.
Posted By: Tatey Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 1st Sep 2011 7:41am
Can one short person get a bike up on it on top of a 4 x 4 easily, if so I am interested. I have the oval shaped roof bars.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 1st Sep 2011 7:54am
Originally Posted by Tatey
Can one short person get a bike up on it on top of a 4 x 4 easily, if so I am interested. I have the oval shaped roof bars.

How tall/small are you, how big is your 4x4, you may as well of asked how long is a piece of string...
Posted By: Tatey Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 1st Sep 2011 8:03am
Originally Posted by Sanchez

How tall/small are you, how big is your 4x4, you may as well of asked how long is a piece of string...

Are you now selling this item?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 1st Sep 2011 8:11am
Nope, just trying to help the seller answer your question wink
Posted By: Tatey Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 1st Sep 2011 8:53am
Roof bars are 1.85m high. I am 1.80m short.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 1st Sep 2011 9:24am

The question that needs answering is are your toes 0.05m and can you stand on them wink
Posted By: TheDr Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 1st Sep 2011 12:06pm

Max Bygraves - You need arms.........

That's why I said it was copied from them, I'm not entirely sure how putting a bike on a roof is easy anyway, but there you go. I think how awkward it is depends a lot on what your vehicle is, how tall you are and if you have a step-ladder.

Personally I would set it all up on the floor (or kitchen table) then you know exactly where everything is going to lock to the bike before you put it on the roof.
Posted By: TheDr Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 16th Sep 2011 5:39am
This is still available, only now it appears to have bred and I have two (always surprises me what I find in my garage)

£40 for one or £70 for the two

Sensible offers considered.
Posted By: Cerion Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 18th Oct 2011 12:48pm
If still available, assuming no further reproduction has occurred [actually looking for three the same], will offer a sensible £45 for the pair.
Posted By: TheDr Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 18th Oct 2011 1:14pm
Originally Posted by Cerion
If still available, assuming no further reproduction has occurred [actually looking for three the same], will offer a sensible £45 for the pair.

If you'd like to up your offer to a sensible £60 then I'll throw in a Thule 559 as well, similar but not quite the same (maybe some of the breeding wasn't at home smile )
Posted By: Cerion Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 18th Oct 2011 2:05pm
HMMMM, roofbars will look like a liquorice allsort with two silver and one black carrier.Does the 559 attach/detach as easily as the 510? I use the roof bars for multiple things and it's a pain to swap my current Halfords ones. The 510 is quick to attach/detach - the 559 looks no easier than my Halfords versions. What condition are they all in, please?
Posted By: TheDr Re: FOR SALE: Thule Tour 510 Cycle Carrier - 22nd May 2012 11:47pm
Selling cycle carriers in Winter, probably not my best idea, tripped over these in the garage earlier, so still available.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral