Forums
Posted By: chris123 Quad Core Packard Bell PC 3GB RAM 320GB HDD - 7th Aug 2011 9:05am
Packard Bell imedia s3720 PC with the following spec:

Product Description: Packard Bell Imedia S3720 Quad Core Desktop PC
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
Hard Drive: 320GB Hard Drive
Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW Supermulti
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Monitor: Packard Bell 19" Widescreen
Graphics Controller: nVidia GeForce 7100
Video Memory: 256MB
Audio Output: Realtek Audio
Networking: 10/100/1000 Gigabit
Interface: 6 USB , Headphone, Microphone, HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse, eSATA ,Multi Card Reader.

Beast of a machine with HDMI output etc so can hook up to any large screen TV etc also if required- bit of an impulse purchase as has been hardly used since I bought it as we tend to use laptops at home.

Paid £600 for it, looking for around £200 but open to offers- bargain at this price.

Attached picture 3839250403_65f0faf0c1.jpg
175 ono
Posted By: Pomp Re: Quad Core Packard Bell PC 3GB RAM 320GB HDD - 8th Aug 2011 12:12am
pm sent
This is now £160, first to collect
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Quad Core Packard Bell PC 3GB RAM 320GB HDD - 8th Aug 2011 7:53am
Serious question, does anyone have any experience of running OSX on a PC? Referred to as Hackintosh I believe.

If I were to buy this, would I be able to get it running Snow Leopard or Lion? Been looking at buying a Mac Mini to sit under my TV, but this is a good price.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Quad Core Packard Bell PC 3GB RAM 320GB HDD - 8th Aug 2011 11:42am
I tried it once on my laptop, but it wouldn't see the keyboard and other things; it installed just fine however, but on a laptop, the keyboard compatibility is kinda important lol. I suspect it is probably because my primary laptop is a 12.1 C2D ultra-portable, and uses a proprietary reduced-key keyboard to fit it lol.

This was using a disc containing Snow Leopard, I can run you off a copy if you wanted to try it mate, but can't confirm whether it would work; it probably depends whether the OS likes the chipset and other hardware etc, I'd hazard a guess it would install and run, as to how useful the install would be is anyones guess lol. Any similar keyboard incompatibilities would be easier to resolve on a desktop.

I have never tried since, mainly because the only system I have with a c2d (or a compatible CPU for the case) is the ultra-portable - and I'm quite happy with Vista.

smile
This has now gone please lock
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Quad Core Packard Bell PC 3GB RAM 320GB HDD - 8th Aug 2011 1:44pm
That answers that then!

Cheers for the response Matt.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral