Forums
Jen Synthetone SX1000 Vintage Analogue Synth

Asking for £200 which is below ebay price for one in this condition. Way below what they go on some foreign ebay sites (if someone wants a flutter and is prepared to post abroad).

Good points:
Fully working.
Controls not noisy (common problem!), if any are, I will fix (never needed to so far, a couple of turns out of storage and they've been fine).
No rust (common problem!).
All labelling intact and appearance is excellent for age.
Very stable master oscillator (digitally stabilised VCO).
Full set of overlays (some yellowed but in good condition).

Bad points:
Woodwork slightly marked in paces and damage to bottom back corners.
Five of the coloured knob tops missing (very common problem on these, haven't seen a complete one for years).

Amazing machines, just as you think you've got as many sounds out of it as possible, you find another. Really great for bass or lead sounds, can be as full or thin as you want.

Selling purely because I need the money for other projects. Had it for over 25 years. Its amazing how many professional keyboard players still have a couple of these tucked away for recording work.

Although this one hasn't been modified, there are mods and kits around, including midi VCO control.

Use Google to find out more, often slagged off by non-users, but those that have them know better (same story for most analogues!), at the end of the day, these aren't full Moogs and neither are the prices.

For those who want to know ....

Controls:

VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) - Tune
VCO - Octave - 32' 16' 8' 4'
VCO - Vibrato
VCO - Waveform - Triangle, square, pulse
VCO - Waveform pulse width
VCO - Waveform PWM (Pulse Width Modulation)
VCO - Level
VCO - Glide (glissando)

NOISE - Off, White, Pink
NOISE - Level

VCF (Voltage controlled Filter) - Frequency
VCF - Resonance
VCF - LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator)
VCF - Envelope level
VCF - Attack
VCF - Decay
VCF - Sustain
VCF - Release

VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) - Output Volume
VCA - Attack
VCA - Decay
VCA - Sustain
VCA - Release
Easily worth it, good classic, i nearly bought one from kays catalogue lol....cheap to buy but a saught after classic now...only beaten by mini moogs..prophets..jupiters..sh101's and the like...keep hold of it mate as it will go up in value

Theres one on ebay now for £502
Hi is this still for sale?
email me if so
[email protected]
Thanks v. much
email sent
very late to the party...just wondering if the jen's still for sale? please email if so : [email protected]
cheerio
really intrested, could you send it to Cornwall, I 'd sort the postage, obviously! please get back to me quickly, got cash waiting, bank trasfer or whatever!
Hopefully we can do business.
yours, Matt Coooper.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral