Forums
Posted By: seanmackie Tarantulas for sale - 4th Jun 2011 9:54pm
I have the following for sale, all unsexed juvis, about 3in DLS give or take a little, apart from the B. vagans which is more around the 2in DLS mark. All £15 each or £90 the lot. RMSD £7 or collection from the Wirral. 0.0.2 B. albopilosum 0.0.1 B. vagans 0.0.4 L. parahybana Cheers Sean
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 1:07am
What sort of setup would u need for one of these? And how much would it set me back thanks
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 1:28am
Frigging lol laugh

Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 12:09pm
Originally Posted by Dj Kev L
What sort of setup would u need for one of these? And how much would it set me back thanks

All depends how much you want to spend. I keep mine in lots of different tanks, vivs, R.U.B old sweet jars ect. At the mo they are just in crick tubs. Will needing moving to something bigger when they next moult.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 12:54pm
Do they have fangs and poison?
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 1:10pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Of course they have fangs, and no they dont have poison. No tarantual is poisonous!
Posted By: Volly Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:02pm
Hello stranger - didn't know you were on here, lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:08pm
Originally Posted by seanmackie

Of course they have fangs, and no they dont have poison. No tarantual is poisonous!

think I heard the hairs were poisonous?
So what if one bit you? What would happen?
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:23pm

think I heard the hairs were poisonous?
So what if one bit you? What would happen?

PMSL, the hair are urticating, not poisonous, who ever told you that needs their head bashing against the wall! If you were tagged depends on on many conditions, like if it was a dry tag, how much much venom was injected, what species of T it was, if your allergic to that venom. At the end of the day if you know what your doing you wont get bitten so shouldnt worry about this stuff, and if you dont know what your talking about you shouldnt even consider buying these.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:25pm
Can be a nasty bite, but the "poison" isn't poisonous to humans, stings quite a bit though and can send some people into allergic shock.
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:26pm
Originally Posted by Volly

Alright mate, hows it goin? Wanna buy some T's ;-)
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:28pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Can be a nasty bite, but the "poison" isn't poisonous to humans, stings quite a bit though and can send some people into allergic shock.

Can we just clear this up these are NOT POISONOUS! No tarantula is poisonous, they are venomous though. Theres a big difference between poisonous and venomous. Google it if your not sure about the definitions of both.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:42pm
Sean it was the fella in that exotics pet shop on new chester rd that told me that.
Also about not knowing what we are doing, we all have to start somewhere right? wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 10:45pm
Looking at a number of dictionaries, many state a venom is a poison. I guess you are trying to emphasise the difference between whether its a contact-poison or injected.
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 11:02pm
Sean it was the fella in that exotics pet shop on new chester rd that told me that.
Also about not knowing what we are doing, we all have to start somewhere right? wink

Well he shouldnt be allowed to work there then if thats the advice he is giving out, i know we all have to start somewhere, but i find alot of people who own/work in pet shops, generally have a lack of knowledge on the animals they are selling as they dont care about the animal onces its sold. There are many good forums on the net where people can gain knowledge from other members, that you just couldnt get from a pet shop
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 11:05pm
Looking at a number of dictionaries, many state a venom is a poison. I guess you are trying to emphasise the difference between whether its a contact-poison or injected.
Yea thats the point im trying to put across. I keep poison dart frogs, and while in captivity most are NOT poisonous, in the wild they are, and contact with an open wound could cause some serious problem to your health. If a tarantula was to walk over an open wound, no harm what so ever will come to you.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 11:07pm
Dart frogs - rather you than me - cheers dude
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 5th Jun 2011 11:09pm
Dart frogs - rather you than me - cheers dude

Very easy to keep if you know what your doing :-)
Posted By: Volly Re: Tarantulas for sale - 6th Jun 2011 4:57pm

Lol, no thanks mate. Got some Boas for sale if you want them?
Posted By: seanmackie Re: Tarantulas for sale - 6th Jun 2011 6:10pm

Lol, no thanks mate. Got some Boas for sale if you want them?

Snakes aint really my thing. Tar anyway mate.
Posted By: assassin Re: Tarantulas for sale - 6th Jun 2011 8:05pm
Hi seanmackie and volly like I said in the post about volly's snake you know what your talking about, but All tarantulas are venomous, but only some species have venom that, while not known to have ever produced human fatalities, can produce extreme discomfort over a period of several days. wink same as a bee sting.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral