Forums
Posted By: AX_125 For Sale: Samsung P510 - 11th Aug 2005 3:20pm
Just testing the water with this one as i am waiting for my new phone to arrive.

It is a flip phone, but the pivot bit has taken a bit of a battering, but works perfectly, as does the automatic opening.

Nice phone, offers

Here is a review

Phone rating:

The Samsung P510 is a clamshell-design camera phone in typical Samsung style. Samsung have updated the design with an automatic open and close feature which is best described as power-assisted opening and closing! Although not strictly necessary it's a nice touch. The mechanism has been tested overseas in other Samsung models, and has proved to be robust and reliable.

The external display shows the time in both digital and analogue formats, along with information about battery life and signal strength. The OLED display is designed for low power consumption, and is also very sharp, even in bright sunlight. The camera lens and flashlight are also on the front cover of the phone. The camera flash can also be used as a torch if required.

The camera is VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixels) which is the defacto standard amongst camera phones, and the quality of the camera is comparable to Samsung's other current camera phones like the E800 or E700. The camera on the P510 benefits from a LED flash, so you can take pictures in low lighting conditions. It can also be used in camcorder mode, although the maximum duration of recorded videos is 20 seconds. Videos do not include sound unfortunately.

Inside the phone, the internal display is the same as that on the E800, with 65k colours and Samsung's standard size of 128 x 160 pixels. This is as good as any comparable phone, second only to Samsung's top-end phones like the D410. The menu is virtually the same as the E800.

The P510's ringtones are simply the best available, with 64-voice polyphonic sound.

Overall the P510 offers an excellent range of features and is highly recommended.

Features of the Samsung P510 include:

External OLED display
Internal TFT display (65,536 colours, 128 x 160 pixels)
VGA camera (640 x 480 pixels) with 4x digital zoom, photo effects and multishot function (up to 15 pictures)
Video recording and playback
64-voice polyphonic ringtones
Messaging: SMS (with learning T9 support), MMS, EMS
Java games (downloadable; 2 embedded games)
Wallpaper & Screensavers
WAP 2.0, GPRS class 8
Memory: 4 Mbytes (photos), 600 kbytes (ringtones & wallpaper), 500 kbytes (games)
Personal Information Management: Phonebook (max. 1000 entries), Scheduler, Calendar, To do list, Clock, Worldtime, Count down timer, Alarm (Auto switch on, when phone is off), Currency converter, Stop watch
Assign a photo to people in the address book
Data transfer: Infrared, PC cable (RS232)
Dual Band (GSM 900 + 1800MHz)
Vibration alert
Size: 87 x 45 x 24 mm
Weight: 92g
Talktime: up to 5 hours
Battery standby: up to 310 hours
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: For Sale: Samsung P510 - 12th Aug 2005 8:17am
what sort of price u after mate looking for as new phone for me dad
Posted By: AX_125 Re: For Sale: Samsung P510 - 12th Aug 2005 8:40am
I will be looking for about £30, it comes with the box, charger, spare battery, hands free etc.

As i say, just waiting for my new phone to come, which will be about wednesday, at the latest, then this phone will be available
© Wirral-Wikiwirral