Forums
Posted By: dizdazdoz Spares or Repairs P Reg Megane - 17th Mar 2010 1:51pm
Hi, Am going to weigh this in next week and return the tax that has 4 months left on it but before I do was wondering if anyone wanted it for a restoration thing?

The MOT runs out on the 1st April 2010 and I know it needs:

2 front tyres which I priced up at £32 for part worns.

The coiled spring has gone on the drivers side front, to do with the suspension I believe and a garage wanted to charge me over £100 to fix, the part is about £20 from a scrappy.

The exhaust is blowing very slightly, I replaced the exhaust about 18 months ago and have been told it just needs tightening up where the back box joins the front or middle box ?

That's it for the MOT I believe and if you know what you are doing will maybe cost you about £100 with the MOT done.

It would cost me about £200 using a garage about £200 before I get to see if any other problems are hidden but I cant see any.

After that I will say it has a rip tear in the sewing on the back seat and the drivers lock is temperamental but easy fixed again if you know what you are doing.

As I say it would suit someone who knows what they are doing and enjoys getting their hands dirty.

It had the head gasket done about 15 months ago and is only a 1.4 so cheap tax insurance etc.

They can have the car for £125 or £75 without the tax.

Email me at: [email protected] if you need more info.

The car will drive if you are careful but I wouldn't recommend going far.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Spares or Repairs P Reg Megane - 17th Mar 2010 3:47pm
Is it a 3 or 5 door?
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Spares or Repairs P Reg Megane - 17th Mar 2010 4:39pm
Oops sorry 5 door in Silver

God I am stupid at times LOL
Posted By: raymondo Re: Spares or Repairs P Reg Megane - 18th Mar 2010 8:49am
hi mmate is there any chance i could pop up and have a look at it?
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Spares or Repairs P Reg Megane - 18th Mar 2010 10:41am
Ok thanks to Chris it looks like I may be getting the car fixed at a very good rate, if I change my mind I will contact those who have messaged me in order to see if they still want to look at the car.

Thanks all
© Wirral-Wikiwirral