http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROC-Nuclear-B...ptZUK_HG_Property_RL?hash=item4cede4e234

Payment in cash please lol
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 10:50am
Nuclear Bunker think

...has it ever been tested raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 12:04pm
I can see Robbo going for a mortgage raftl
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 6:37pm
If it was on the Wirral I'd have it. Good nick, there's been a few of these sold in the last few years.

The two of these on the Wirral have disappeared, the one near Neston was destroyed and they have "lost" the West Kirby one - they thought it was still present underground but they couldn't find it.

The nearest one still remaining is on Helsby Hill, the Saughall one being destroyed and the Speke one being present but infilled.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 6:53pm
yerr well cool has a b.t. line too! laugh
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 7:32pm
and the winning bidder is... Mr J Fritzel...
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 7:45pm
Where's the one near Neston MrDigger?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 8:21pm
Neston - well gone mate. By the farm on the corner of Willoworow Road and Willow Lane (I guess its called Willow Farm???), I think there are some remnants to do with it but nothing left of the ROC Shelter.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 5th Mar 2010 8:53pm
Was anyone on here in the R.O.C. (Royal Observer Corps.) ?? These bunkers were part of the R.O.C. chain of reporting and monitoring stations when/if Russia dropped a pile of nuclear bad news on Britain.

I was in the ROC for a few years, shortly before it was disbanded (bloody peace breaking out, dammit) I was attached to my nearest post (in Ayrshire)). Regular lockdown excercises. Training sessions every week. Rations and water to last 28 days minimum if things got nasty. Bunks, telephone comms, radiation measuring equip, Bomb Power Indicators blah.blah.

The big crunch being...... When the balloon went up for real,
would you leave your loved ones on the surface to vapourise/die a lingering death whilst you headed underground to "do your bit" for Western civilisation ??

After a weekend's exercise you were VERY glad to climb up that ladder and head home - or more often to the pub !! After a month or longer down there Gawd knows what you would be like. Quite "fragrant" for starters !! ha.ha. What a world would await you ?? Doesn't bear thinking about. You wouldn't be going to the pub, that's for sure.

Remember having a sniff round the post at Raby. Probably gone by now.

Surprised the one on fleabay wasn't snapped up by a certain Robbo !
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 6th Mar 2010 10:07am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
The nearest one still remaining is on Helsby Hill, the Saughall one being destroyed and the Speke one being present but infilled.

The one on Helsby Hill is now being used as a storage facility for documents, etc for Cheshire Council. Every month the documents are taken up there. smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 6th Mar 2010 11:44am
Originally Posted by Violet
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

The one on Helsby Hill is now being used as a storage facility for documents, etc for Cheshire Council. Every month the documents are taken up there. smile

I think that is not the ROC shelter, we were there a few weeks ago, it wouldn't seem suitable for anything secure and not big enough to justify the hassle of taking stuff there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 6th Mar 2010 1:19pm
Up to a couple of years ago, the ROC post at Helsby was still there. Shaft locked so couldn't sniff down.

Cheshire C.C. used to store documents etc. in a semi-surface big concrete blockhouse affair at The Beacons, Frodsham. Last I heard it was a training place for the emergency services. They thought that it would survive if L'pool/B'head got blatted ! Mmmmm ??? Is this the one you mean Violet ?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nuclear Bunker £25k+ - 6th Mar 2010 4:34pm
Yeah, I used to work at Backford Hall til 2007 for a bit and it was still being used then. Someone even pointed it out when we were out in the field.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral