Forums
Posted By: kimpri fish up for sale soon - 26th Feb 2010 12:58am
A mate of mine is selling his koi carp and pond set up?

11 koi carp most over a foot long(I think)?And 4 other fish,
Plus the pump/filter system/bits and bobs

Not letting them go till end of march.

Anyone interested.

Few pictures.

Attached picture P2240024.JPG
Attached picture P2240025.JPG
Attached picture P2240030.JPG
Posted By: bobi1 Re: fish up for sale soon - 26th Feb 2010 3:40am
Mmmmm they look tasty grin
Posted By: kimpri Re: fish up for sale soon - 26th Feb 2010 9:44am
Lost interest (I think) crazy
Posted By: Razzi Re: fish up for sale soon - 27th Feb 2010 3:13pm
Hi i might be interested as i was just about to buy a pond come end of march .
Can you please tell me the size, shape, depth of the pond and is it above ground .
what specs are the filter and pump what are the bits and bobs included
Also what are the cons with the setup if any and how much your mate would want for the lot .

Also how far away is he from Bidston.

Some pretty fish in there, nice looking platinum orgon and altohugh im not keen on kohaku i like gin rin (i think its a showa from the pic.

anymore pics woul be appreciated please
Thanks
Karen.
Posted By: kimpri Re: fish up for sale soon - 27th Feb 2010 4:20pm
Originally Posted by Razzi
Hi i might be interested as i was just about to buy a pond come end of march .
Can you please tell me the size, shape, depth of the pond and is it above ground .
what specs are the filter and pump what are the bits and bobs included
Also what are the cons with the setup if any and how much your mate would want for the lot .

Also how far away is he from Bidston.
pm sent

Some pretty fish in there, nice looking platinum orgon and altohugh im not keen on kohaku i like gin rin (i think its a showa from the pic.

anymore pics woul be appreciated please
Thanks
Karen.
Posted By: gracie Re: fish up for sale soon - 5th Apr 2010 3:41pm
Im fed up with my pond, I have spend a lot of money tying to get the water clear, got a uv lamp in the pump. The only light that worked was the one that was in the pump when I first bought it.The water is green, the fish seem not to mind but I do.
Posted By: crazykoi Re: fish up for sale soon - 11th Apr 2010 1:02pm
i might be intrested in buying the fish would need to have a look what sort of money you lookin for be ashame to let them go can easly sort the green water problem out then you be able to see the fish and enjoy them let use know iam about to stock my pond up with more koi in next cpl weeks

cheers
Posted By: DavidB Re: fish up for sale soon - 11th Apr 2010 3:17pm
I killed mine, accidentally put a few pellets of weed killer in the pond (I assume!) Had him for years from a tiny fish to about 7 inches long.

Found the pond goes green anyway if you have plants in it. The fish seem to like this.
Posted By: kimpri Re: fish up for sale soon - 11th Apr 2010 5:47pm
Originally Posted by crazykoi
i might be intrested in buying the fish would need to have a look what sort of money you lookin for be ashame to let them go can easly sort the green water problem out then you be able to see the fish and enjoy them let use know iam about to stock my pond up with more koi in next cpl weeks

cheers
I will see the guy for you, will let you tomorrow.
Posted By: crazykoi Re: fish up for sale soon - 18th Apr 2010 6:14am
our the fish still up for sale or is anyone else got any koi carp there lookin at selling cheers
Posted By: kimpri Re: fish up for sale soon - 18th Apr 2010 5:33pm
Originally Posted by crazykoi
our the fish still up for sale or is anyone else got any koi carp there lookin at selling cheers
will go and see the guy for you now?
Posted By: Razzi Re: fish up for sale soon - 15th May 2010 10:02am
I never heard anymore from about this enquiry so i gave it up and went my own way ... but
Carr Farm has some nice koi going now for the new season which is worth checking out.
They ordered me a lovely six inch female shusui which is now enjoying my setup . Although i have noticed a bloody heron eyeing up my fishie friends now for a couple of days.

Green water can be sorted out with a uv lamp attached to your filter, but dont forget that the bulb needs changing at least every four months or so especially if you like see your koi swim about and dont set your pump at hyper speed,the more time the water is spent in the filter box running over the uv and killing the green water organisims the better your pond will look.

Posted By: crazykoi Re: fish up for sale soon - 16th May 2010 7:14pm
HI razzi good to hear you got your pond set up i find the best place for koi is barnston aquatics and garden centre realy nice koi good price and very helpfull guy who runs it whats your pond set up .
Posted By: Razzi Re: fish up for sale soon - 21st May 2010 4:41pm
Hi Crazy.

I'ts only a small pond as we have a titchy garden but 5ft by 5ft by 3ft above ground with a drop in boxweld liner runing off a hozelock uv filter & pump running to a nigata cascade. Its been up and running for a month now and has one four inch shusui (love em)a yamabuki ogon one tancho a nice showa and a few large goldies we rescued. We've been visited by the dreaded herons lately, but lost no fish, although it terrifed the dog

Whats your set up
Posted By: DavidB Re: fish up for sale soon - 23rd May 2010 9:29am
Herons should be muzzled.
Posted By: Razzi Re: fish up for sale soon - 25th May 2010 5:32pm
indeed they should. caught it sitting on the fence eyeing up the pond but it flew off . Then i was describing it to my next door neighbour who had never seen one .. i said they're lovely light grey and white with a long beak and a bit of yellow on it .. ooh like that one there and she pointed to the buggering heron who was sitting on the roof looking at us. cheeky beggar . got a good photo of it tho on my phone
Posted By: crazykoi Re: fish up for sale soon - 29th May 2010 6:58pm
HI RAZZI
MY SET UP IS 10FT X10FT SEMI CIRCLE RAISED 3FT AND 4FT BELLOW GROUND 2200 GALLONS GRAVITE FEED THREW BOTTOM DRAIN TO NEXUS 200 FILTER PUMPED BACK BY SEQUENCE 800 PUMP THREW YAMITSU UV AND BACK TO POND WATER CYRISTAL CLEAR 18 VARIOUS KOI FROM 4 INCH TO 18 INCH AND 4 SMALL GOLD FISH WHICH USE TO BE INDOORS SEEM HAPPY IN POND UP TO NOW NOW HERONS KEEP A NETT ON JUST INCASE HAD A 18 INCH KOI JUMP OUT ONLY HAD HIM A DAY WAS GUTTED
© Wirral-Wikiwirral