Forums
Posted By: AndyW High Presure 400W UV Blacklight with Holder Cannon - 11th Nov 2009 12:55pm
High Pressure 400W UV Blacklight Cannon with Reflector

used once for 4 hours @ halloween party

Complete with 400W UV Blacklight Bulb worth £34.99

A Strong UV Cannon holder with Parabolic reflector and safety grille that has been specially developed for 400W high pressure UV lamps. This item comes complete with the High pressure 400W UV blacklight bulb with Edison screw fitting.

Specifications

Strong Metal Construction
Parabolic Rear Reflector
Safety Grille
Adjustable mounting bracket
Complete with 400W high pressure UV blacklight bulb worth £34.99
Power supply - 230Vac, 50Hz (650W)
Dimensions - 415 x 415 x 370 mm
Weight - 10.4kg

This Professional Ultra Violet floodlight is an absolute MONSTER giving out 400 watts of ultra violet light.

Illuminating anything made of DA GLO or fluorescent material, painted with fluorescent paint and white clothing - but mind how you smile - it can make teeth look most peculiar!

A professional effects fitting for projecting a controlled beam of UV light over a long distance. The product features massive light output, security grill and adjustable mounting bracket.

do not mistake this with cheaper non high pressure models. i paid £160 for it a couple of weeks ago looking for £140 due to only being used for 4 hours.

You paid £160 for a 400w uv cannon?. oshocked
high pressure version mate the bulbs themselfs are nearly twice the price than non high pressure bulbs
£130 anyone
any pics of it doing its job?
no mate no pics or vids of it turned on doing its job, like i said its only had 4 hours use, so not had the chance to do that.
£120 anyone? final price, before i put it on ebay
this is the sort of effect it has:

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

the more people that wear white or fluorescent clothing, or glow stick or illuminous paint or light colour clothing the better the effect the light has
The thing is you can get them new for that price (£120)and probably cheaper if you shop around.

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=GNE400WUVPAC&browsemode=category
you can get the LED ones for around thge £100 mark and there much better TBH!
I have never seen the led ones in real life. Are they really better than the 400w high pressure sodium lamp ones?.
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
The thing is you can get them new for that price (£120)and probably cheaper if you shop around.

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=GNE400WUVPAC&browsemode=category

thats not the high pressure one mate
heres were i got it from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400070963813&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
yer there fab mate go for miles and so compact!
Originally Posted by spiritofelvis
thats not the high pressure one mate

This one is mate.

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acatalog/UV-CANNON-400W.html

£119.99 (Inc. VAT @15%)

In fact I am sure they all are and they just don't bother saying on the ad.
If a sodium lamp it about 400watts it will be high pressure.
Yes its a normal 400w high pressure sodium lamp that you may find in high bay luminaries and the like but with blacklight blue coating on the glass to filter out most of the visible light spectrum leaving mostly the ultra violet range. Its not atchelly just the ultra violet range because you would not see it if it was.

I wonder if it would work out cheaper buying an ordinary 400w son fitting without the lamp and just buying a uv lamp to put in it. think
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
Yes its a normal 400w high pressure sodium lamp that you may find in high bay luminaries and the like but with blacklight blue coating on the glass to filter out most of the visible light spectrum leaving mostly the ultra violet range. Its not atchelly just the ultra violet range because you would not see it if it was.

I wonder if it would work out cheaper buying an ordinary 400w son fitting without the lamp and just buying a uv lamp to put in it. think

did try this once, it blew the bulb, reading into it they need igniters and ballasts i believe
did try this once, it blew the bulb, reading into it they need igniters and ballasts i believe [/quote]

All discharge type lamps need a ballast. Some lamps have internal igniters and some don't relieing on one in the fitting. You have to check you get the correct lamps for the fitting (or the correct fitting for the lamp as the case may be). The lamps with internal igniters have a little triangle symbol on the side with an 'I' in it. I am not sure if the UV ones have them or not.
£100 anyone? its sitting here doing nothing and has done since i bought it lol
hi

just wondering do you still have for sale the heavy duty clothes rail for £15 ??

thanks

jojo4142
© Wirral-Wikiwirral