Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Macbook Black - 11th Sep 2009 11:20am
Right, I have for sale my old Macbook Black.

It is in excellent working order but cosmetically there are a couple of bits of the case where the plastic has broken. It's not a major problem and it is a well known issue with Macbooks of this era. It was purchased new from Apple in 2007, I should have the receipt but it cost in the region of £1,200.

Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz / 120gb HDD / 2GB ram.

It is running the newest Snow Leopard OS X 10.6 and will come in the original box with charger and manuals (I think they are still in the box anyhow).

I also have a spare battery for it somewhere.

First person to meet me with £250 shall we say?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Macbook Black - 11th Sep 2009 11:20am
I will post picture of the damage to the plastic ASAP.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Macbook Black - 15th Sep 2009 2:08pm
I thought it might be worth me posting this here - as I have had a few PM's asking about the damage etc. I will sort some pics out when I can.

The below isn't my Macbook but there are 2/3 small cracks just like this;

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have a look at the below link which documents the problem and how to fix it pretty easily;

http://www.thegogglesdonothing.com/archives/2008/02/fixing_a_macbook_cracked_case.shtml

I will send over some pictures when I get home.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Macbook Black - 23rd Sep 2009 10:05am
Very quick update on this, I can't find the booklets and/or restore CD's for whatever reason.

It's therefore not worth a lot to anyone, and therefore probably worth more to me to keep it.

Sorry to have messed those people that contacted me about this.

Cheers
Alex
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Macbook Black - 23rd Sep 2009 2:47pm
If the OS install is clean and running fine, make an image of it, and keep it on an external HDD (unless it will fit on a DVD or two).

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral