Forums
Posted By: SoundLad For Sale: Laptop Bits - 20th Mar 2008 8:02pm
1 X CD/DVD Writable Drive £10

I have a Acer Travelmate 920 Battery also which might be handy for a Spare for somebody.. I dunno how much these are brand New so give me an Offer.. I have a HD as well which will be put up at a later date when its been Salvaged it'l be £20..

Cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 20th Mar 2008 9:21pm
What size is the HD Lee ?
Is there a model Number for the Battery?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 20th Mar 2008 9:32pm
The HD is 40GB happy

Model number for the Battery... BATCL50L

Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 20th Mar 2008 10:45pm
Hmmm ow much you lookin for for the HDD... always handy to have backups you see.

One that I dont mind dropping, to put in me caddy; atm I have my old laptop one in it but it has so much data on it I dont particuarly wanna drop it lol.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 20th Mar 2008 10:49pm
I dunno weather its too much £20 (i'l rest at £15) ? Need to make something off this dead mofo! lol.. But i need to salvage the stuff of it first. So if i could borrow that lead you have be appriciated..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 20th Mar 2008 10:51pm
Yeah, I will post it through ya door on Saturday for ye to lend matey... just PM me ya house number agen, as I think I have it written down at home and should remember the door anyway, but just to make sure.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 21st Mar 2008 10:35am
Originally Posted by SoundLad
BATCL50L

How Old is the battery?
Can you remember the Battery Life (In Battery Mode on your Lappy).

And how much would you sell it for?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 21st Mar 2008 10:56am
Well cause i hardly ever used the Battery.. As i had it plugged in the mains all the time i dont think i hardly used the battery.. I did let it decharge know and again and then recharged it.. I brought the laptop brand new in 2004 its 2008 so the laptop is about 4 years old but the battery has hardly ever been used.. But you give me a price mark and i'll accept cause i honestly dont know how much they go for brand new ?
Posted By: Garry_St Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 21st Mar 2008 12:52pm
a new acer battery whould cost around £60 + vat it that helps
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 21st Mar 2008 11:10pm
i take it that the cd/dvd is tray load?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 21st Mar 2008 11:14pm
Yep happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 22nd Mar 2008 12:23am
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Well cause i hardly ever used the Battery.. As i had it plugged in the mains all the time i dont think i hardly used the battery.. I did let it decharge know and again and then recharged it.. I brought the laptop brand new in 2004 its 2008 so the laptop is about 4 years old but the battery has hardly ever been used.. But you give me a price mark and i'll accept cause i honestly dont know how much they go for brand new ?

How long does it last being used solely on battery; did you remove the battery when using the laptop on power, or like most people (myself included), have you used the battery as a UPS?

Because, if the battery remains connected to the laptop whilst it is plugged in, it is constantly recieving a trickle charge, and this, over time, deplete's the cells and eventually leads to a brown battery.

Mine hasnt been used on battery much since I got it over 3 years ago (lets face it, it's a desktop P4 so it's a desktop replacement, not meant to be used mobile really), but nowadays, due to me leaving the battery constantly connected when running on power, despite the odd discharge and recharge etc, it lasts a shameful 15 - 20 minutes absolute maximum (thats with the backlight turned down, GPU seriously underclocked etc), whereas when it was new, it would last a good hour and a half.

Im gonna just get a 6.6 amp battery off Ebay (the one in it is 4.4) and keep that seperate for mobile use I think, should last two hours and ive learnt my lesson from leaving the battery trickle charging. They are £30~ on Ebay. Obviously not OEM, but then Acer use the cheapest batteries and components they can anyway.

smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 3rd Apr 2008 11:22pm
still got the dvd drive??
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For Sale: Laptop Bits - 4th Apr 2008 10:40am
Yep smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral