Forums
Posted By: lincle Betty - 17th Aug 2020 9:04pm
Once again folks your help is needed to find Betty who is missing from Bidston area since 7.30 last night . Post seen on face book with picture ,looks like French bulldog .She is a very nervous dog & will be terrified .Help get her home please.
Posted By: casper Re: Betty - 18th Aug 2020 9:30am
Hi lincle, someone on Wirral gossip has found a dog, a pug, might be worth a look.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Betty - 18th Aug 2020 10:29am
Shared .Keep us updated please.
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 18th Aug 2020 9:20pm
Thanks folks not had an update so far.Looked at that little pug Casper very similar to look at but Frenchies have more muzzle & different ears .I hope whoever found it has reported it .
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 20th Aug 2020 2:57pm
Cant find any news regarding Betty if anyone knows anything would they please let me know thanks
Posted By: cools Re: Betty - 20th Aug 2020 4:31pm
It looks like this little pug still missing unfortunately. So many reports of these designer dogs as I call them being stolen , they worth big money to these horrible unscrupulous people, ridiculous prices asked for pugs , french bulldogs etc. You can breed them and the money from the pups stupidly high! Whateve4 happened to the Heinz 57 now they get called fancy names like cockerpoo and things like that and really they just cross breeds, cute I must admit but they now become big business...
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 21st Aug 2020 9:22am
Betty still mssing . I agree Cools ,when I tell my friends that their designer dogs are mongrels they go mad having paid mega money but its a fact .
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 21st Aug 2020 11:35am
possible sighting of Betty by Ridgeway School. Fingers crossed everyone
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 24th Aug 2020 4:24pm
Anyone got any news
Posted By: granny Re: Betty - 24th Aug 2020 5:16pm
Updated yesterday. Looks as if shes still missing.

STILL MISSING 16.08.20 Bidston Hill area, Wirral CH43
23.08.20 UPDATE: BETTY has been SIGHTED a few times in the Ridgeway and Nocturum areas. Owners have setup a fb group ‘Lets Get Betty Home’ and Laura Finnegan
has also been giving advice.
It is IMPORTANT if SIGHTED she is not CALLED/CHASED/TRY TO BE GRABBED. SIGHTINGS should be reported to owners ASAP on the contact numbers above or on fb Elizabeth Maria
or Peter Hgl Townley
Thank you to everyone who is helping to find BETTY.
Missing while on a walk. BETTY may of been picked up and taken out the area or hiding up. If SIGHTED please ring a number on the poster. She is 3 years old and MICROCHIPPED (which is still registered to previous owner in Essex). Please look out for BETTY, if FOUND she should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (required by LAW)
https://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=159485
https://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=159485#.Xzwe4S14Wf0
Posted By: granny Re: Betty - 24th Aug 2020 5:18pm
Picture

Attached picture 118279180_3571613572878364_4065869569551381749_o.jpg
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 26th Aug 2020 2:24pm
Thanks so much for update Granny .Hope shes found soon,its a long time for any dog to be missing.Im hoping someone who doesnt know the law has given her a temporary home but because of her nervousness its more likely shes hiding somewhere
Posted By: cools Re: Betty - 26th Aug 2020 2:48pm
Someone 3 hours ago put a post up of a tan coloured dog by bidston Aldi couldn’t catch it looked scared so someone is going to look as it was apparently a pug, lets hope they find it and it is Betty...
Posted By: cools Re: Betty - 26th Aug 2020 5:31pm
It looks like Betty been found , good news.
Posted By: cools Re: Betty - 26th Aug 2020 6:16pm
Or maybe not , someone put she been found now someone saying not, guess we’ll have to wait for it to be verified...
Posted By: snowhite Re: Betty - 28th Aug 2020 9:28am
Any update ? has she been found?
Posted By: cools Re: Betty - 28th Aug 2020 2:23pm
Just seen on other forums she been found on Bidston hill today. Definitely this time pictures of her with owner, I tried to put piccy up but my iPad won’t let me. I’m glad for them I thought she may have gone for good .
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 28th Aug 2020 5:26pm
Great news Cools ,Thanks for sharing .I can sleep at night knowing shes safe
Posted By: granny Re: Betty - 29th Aug 2020 8:28am

You and me too, Lincle. They play on ones mind, don;t they ? Images of a poor little hound hiding from the glaring headlights under wet bushes in the pouring rain. Looking for scraps and shivering from fear.

So pleased she's home now.

Word of warning, when looking through alerts for Betty, I came acros various posts indicating that a LOT of dogs are being stolen at the moment and shipped to Ireland. WATCH OUT there are DOG THIEVES about !!!
Posted By: lincle Re: Betty - 29th Aug 2020 1:23pm
Have to be so careful these days Granny, the so called designer dogs are a magnet for thieves as they cost so much. Want a dog? go to the hundreds of animal shelters who charge much less .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral