Forums
Posted By: snowhite Berlin celebrates first Birthday of polar bear - 1st Dec 2019 9:10am

Nice video of them, but I would prefer polar bears not to be kept in captivity and I wonder when the breeding in captivity will end. There are some terrible cases of captive polar bears and other bears in countries such as Albania and Ukraine , Germany doesn't need to add to the misery.
There can be few places more dreadful to keep a Polar Bear. Time all zoos were closed. Animals are not for entertainment although I know the message has not yet got through to the morons who still go to Spain from the UK to watch bullfights.

Germany about to slaughter their zoo animals in Neumunster Zoo, to feed other animals.

Even so, how do other zoos manage ? There's no shortage of food in Germany, unlike other countries that have managed.

Twots !

various global reports..

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/world/europe/germany-zoo-coronavirus.html
They always use slaughtered animals for food.

There is a shortage of transport, getting the many tons of fish to the zoo might be a problem.

With no visitors they are running out of money to buy food, some of our zoos are having the same problem.

Negra, Naples, Colchester, Dartmoor, Gladys Porter, Dudley etc etc have the same problem. Chester Zoo has been lucky so far but have warned they may run out of food/money before the end of CV.
Great video! Thank you for sharing
Posted By: lincle Re: Berlin celebrates first Birthday of polar bear - 28th Apr 2020 11:07am
Its scandalous that the virus is having such an effect on all animal rescue centres & zoos.Of course they cant continue without visitors so some are having to euthanase their animals to save them starving to death. if the Government cant/wont help then the public should just as they did when Chester zoo had the fire ,thousands were raised in hours so if anyone can contribute to their favourite animal charity please do so every little will help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral