Forums
Posted By: granny Believed to be in Liverpool - 23rd Jan 2018 2:25am

All our Liverpool friends please share and if you belong to any groups in Liverpool please add post.
WE NEED YOUR HELP RAMBO’S OWNER WAS STABBED.

Attached picture 26992159_792028357648065_8182614860393566911_n.jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 23rd Jan 2018 2:29am
. [img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...faf8653a015a2527a1ad79dc&oe=5AF66FA7[/img]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 23rd Jan 2018 2:34am
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...rambo-dog-theft-stabbing-oldham-14123231

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 23rd Jan 2018 12:17pm
Stolen in Oldham..why believed to be in Liverpool. ? Were the guys attackers scousers? Wicked people around. At least in the States you can arm yourself. Best we can do is have a baseball bat or snooker cue under the bed....of course for medicinal purposes only . (Any attacker gets a taste of his own medicine.so to speak).
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 23rd Jan 2018 1:39pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
At least in the States you can arm yourself.

Which is the same as saying that the criminals can and will arm themselves with guns. Gun crime is rising in a lot of parts of the UK without us helping make guns the norm.

In the States about 0.025% of the population are injured by firearms every year and about 0.01% are killed. The death rate in the UK is about fifty times less than that at about 0.0002%.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 23rd Jan 2018 11:19pm
I am a bit appalled at the sentimental treatment doled out to animals and the 'hang-em-and-flog-em-throw-away-the-key' views expressed about humans here. Often by the same people.

I have nothing against animals, and would no more think of inflicting cruelty on a dog or a cat than I would to do so to a human. (I even catch flies and let them out in the garden rather than spray them with nerve gas - aka 'insecicide')

But I don't understand why 'dog bites man' is greeted by an avalanche of doggie admirers explaining why it's not the dog's fault whereas this sort of understanding is seldom advanced to humans.

We are animals too. And It would be nice to appreciate that we too are the product of how we have been treated.

Posted By: granny Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 24th Jan 2018 12:19am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Stolen in Oldham..why believed to be in Liverpool. ? Were the guys attackers scousers? Wicked people around. At least in the States you can arm yourself. Best we can do is have a baseball bat or snooker cue under the bed....of course for medicinal purposes only . (Any attacker gets a taste of his own medicine.so to speak).

Don't know why Fish, that's just the plea that was put on FB. I doubt anything would stop such actions if people are caught unawares.
My daughter and 3 of her friends experienced the same, 8am on a Sunday morning. 2 friend in one bedroom and 2 in the other bedroom. When they were at Uni.
2 guys got in through a kitchen window, carrying knives and threatened them with all sorts if they dared to move or make a sound. This was L'pool. They froze, as we all would do. Eventually they left with a load of stuff, but the police never got back to the girls about anything. Still waiting ! Must be 10 yrs ago now.

Thanks for putting link up DD.

Ex, I'm not sure about the reason for your post in this instance.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 24th Jan 2018 12:56am
I am equally puzzled as to why you choose to relate the unfortunate experience of your daughter as if it were typical of Liverpool.

It isn't, fortunately.

Fish's thoughtful proposal for a baseball bat under the bed might give you some clue.as to why I posted. Perhaps I should carry one myself in case of attack by one of your doggie friends? Or would that prove too offensive?
Posted By: granny Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 24th Jan 2018 9:16am
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I am equally puzzled as to why you choose to relate the unfortunate experience of your daughter as if it were typical of Liverpool.

Example of why a baseball under a bed would not help in such circumstances. Does it grieve you that I stated the place it occurred ? Why should it ?

It isn't, fortunately.

Fish's thoughtful proposal for a baseball bat under the bed might give you some clue.as to why I posted. Perhaps I should carry one myself in case of attack by one of your doggie friends? Or would that prove too offensive?

It gives me no clue at all. If you wish to speak in cryptic codes, then don't expect people to know what you are on about. Maybe it's me, but I still can't get what you mean. Whose doggy friends ? Have you read the link DD posted ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 24th Jan 2018 12:39pm
Whats wrong with its ears?
What breed is this dog?
Posted By: granny Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 24th Jan 2018 7:15pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Whats wrong with its ears?
What breed is this dog?

French bulldog. Expensive £1,500 to £2000 !
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 24th Jan 2018 7:32pm
I suggest a whole 'new thread' maybe call it 'My Favourite Facebook Post of the Day' or 'Facebook Appeal Post That Appeals to Me the Most Today'.

Just thinking of keeping all the Facebook appeals together to save Wiki becoming a kind of second-hand Facebook page? Could be in Chat!?
Posted By: granny Re: Believed to be in Liverpool - 24th Jan 2018 7:52pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I suggest a whole 'new thread' maybe call it 'My Favourite Facebook Post of the Day' or 'Facebook Appeal Post That Appeals to Me the Most Today'.

Just thinking of keeping all the Facebook appeals together to save Wiki becoming a kind of second-hand Facebook page? Could be in Chat!?

Over to you Rude. I'm off.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral