Forums
Posted By: venice How apalling . - 11th Jan 2018 11:44pm
130 cats in Celia Hammond cat sanctuary down south in Brede, have been terrorized by an out of control pack of foxhounds , allegedy illegally hunting . 60 terrified animals fled and went missing ,some eventually made their way back, 10 elderly and frail cats are still missing presumed dead. Bloody hunts.

https://www.league.org.uk/news/animal-sanctuary-invaded-by-a-pack-of-hunting-hounds
Posted By: Excoriator Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 12:37am
Cats chased by dogs. Is this news?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 2:13am
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Cats chased by dogs. Is this news?
Yes. Tory s cu m flouting the Hunting Act!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 10:13am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Yes. Tory s cu m flouting the Hunting Act!

No evidence of either.
Posted By: venice Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 12:29pm
If you youd been sabbing, and earwigged at the get togethers at the beginning of the hunt , you eyes and ears may well have changed your view Gibbo.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 4:46pm
The foxes around here are breeding well over the last few years, their howling is an eerie sound in the dark and quiet of night. No doubt the rats are doing the same having seen a few of them too in recent months. Plenty of mice too, despite a large number of local pussycats (who are chased by the foxes).

Don't agree with hunting foxes, but if hunts must ride over hill and dale an aniseed scent trail should suffice.
Posted By: granny Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 6:25pm

The East Sussex & Romney Marsh hunt do Trail Hunting . That is laying a trail of sent for the hounds to track not tracking a fox.

However, that women who was thrashing the hunt saboteurs a few weeks ago, is part of the same club.

It was also stated last week that Mrs May said further vote on re-introducing fox hunting with hounds on horseback will not be happening.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 6:32pm
Originally Posted by granny
fox hunting with hounds on horseback

???

Attached picture slide_350343_3759859_free-s.jpg
Posted By: casper Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 7:03pm
There have been instances of family pets being savaged in the course of some of these hunts, apologies from these cretins won't bring back a much loved family pet, I cant believe the arrogance of some of these so called huntsmen and women when confronted.
Posted By: granny Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 9:37pm

Hey, Casper, family pets are savaged in the middle of Wirral by foxes that are now urbanised.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 10:16pm

Hey, Casper, family pets are savaged in the middle of Wirral by foxes that are now urbanised.

Really? I've seen foxes with cats and dogs, if anything kicks off the fox does a runner. Rabbits are obviously at risk but you would hope the owners have them well secured. Most birds are vulnerable but they should be protected too as its not only foxes that will have them.

On the other hand, fox cubs are vulnerable to cats and this is the one occasion when the fox will attack a cat, in order to protect its young.
Posted By: granny Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 10:49pm
Maybe you've answered your own summary.

Foxes den in my garden and cubs to go with it. Has been for the last 7 yrs or more. Next doors cats attacked
One tried to get into my house (which I've mentioned before) another sat at the side of my daughter , About 3ft away one night. She didn't know it was there, and only when she sensed something and shone her phone in the direction did she know.
Not that it was likely to eat her, but they are more and more becoming brazen .
My friends cats were chased by a fox , over in Liverpool one night. Straight down the centre of her cul de sac and over her garden wall.
Another friend had one in his clapped out mini, which was parked up behind his house. It had set up home in there. Wallasey.
Another played in my garden last year in the middle of the day. They're everywhere as Moon Star says and breeding well. (I'm sure I've posted this before).

Attached picture Fox 3.png
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: How apalling . - 12th Jan 2018 11:19pm
Foxes will chase cats out of hunting instinct but as soon as the cat turns to fight, the fox will bottle it.

Foxes can be quite brazen creatures, I've been as close to them in the countryside as I have in town, I think when they know they have a good escape route they let you get closer.

Foxes are absolutely beautiful creatures and I feel safer in their presence than many dogs.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: How apalling . - 13th Jan 2018 12:51am
Originally Posted by venice
If you youd been sabbing, and earwigged at the get togethers at the beginning of the hunt , you eyes and ears may well have changed your view Gibbo.
withthat
Posted By: casper Re: How apalling . - 13th Jan 2018 10:22am
I know granny it's a cat and dog thing, nature, not the same as being savaged by a pack of hounds though, imagine sitting in your garden playing with the grandkids and a pack of hounds run through the fence and savage your pets, cat, dog, rabbit not good.

On a similar note we have had a squirrel raiding the birdhouse, looked out of the window the other day to see it being devoured by a kestrel on the embankment, poor old cyril miss his antics. frown
Posted By: granny Re: How apalling . - 13th Jan 2018 2:06pm

Casper , sorry to know about Cyril the Squirrel. It's heart wrenching once you become attached .

Your analogy of a pack of hounds arriving in ones garden on a Sunday afternoon, is by any imagination a wee bit OTT, but I get your point.
I don't agree with hunting at all, that's not what my point is, and I just made a comment that the hunt in question was Trail Hunting. If that is to be banned also due to a very unfortunate happening, then there will be many dogs and horses off to the meat man.
That can't be right either ?
The ridiculous thing is that more people have joined these hunts now than before the fox hunting ban was put in place.

Just as a matter of interest, there have been numerous 'big cat' sightings in that same area over the last couple of years. Maybe that was what the hounds sniffed out when going off track.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: How apalling . - 13th Jan 2018 5:14pm
If that is to be banned also due to a very unfortunate happening, then there will be many dogs and horses off to the meat man.

Its not a rare occurrence, the trails are often placed in the hope that a live run may ensue.

The ridiculous thing is that more people have joined these hunts now than before the fox hunting ban was put in place

Perhaps more have joined know it is believed they are trail hunts and not cruel?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral