Forums
Posted By: venice Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 10th Dec 2017 5:45pm
Saw a dog wearing a proper snood today , laughingly told OH and he said it must have been just a scarf as a joke!!!

But NO - look , and look at the flipping price!!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoo-Snoods...mp;psc=1&refRID=VB9G14020CC7PVPW8R8S
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 10th Dec 2017 8:17pm
I saw a chap walking his dog along the lever causeway in the snow. It was a small spaniel, and it was absolutely soaked through. Not that this seemed to worry it in the slightest. It was pausing to sniff and pee at frequent intervals and the owner was clearly irritated. I guess he was wanting to get into the warm, but not so his pet. Ours has been known - when a bit warm after running about - to leap through the ice into water in order to cool down.

Dogs are NOT human beings and really don't need these ridiculous coats one sees so often. They are evidently better designed than us to withstand cold. It is high time people stopped treating them as children. It is neither necessary nor desirable. Just toe-curlingly embarrassing.
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 10th Dec 2017 8:59pm
I never needed a coat for mine,she was double coated & cold weather suited her & she didn't mind the rain either.We could be out for a couple of hours the weather never bothered us & she would even go paddling at the beach in the cold.Some dogs do need coats in the cold weather as they've only got a single coat eg yorkie but I wouldn't dress a dog up like a child.Did see a small dog last summer down New Brighton wearing a sundress with matching bonnet,the poor dog must of been hot.
Posted By: venice Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 11th Dec 2017 7:03pm
Our dog has a waterproof coat , but its just as much for my benefit as for his . So much more convenient when its raining, to just whip it off him as he enters the kitchen after a walk, and only towel his tummy and feet rather than have him perform the far reaching 'wet dog shake'before I can deal with him !
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 12th Dec 2017 12:35pm
I agree venice ,my dog is small so her bel y ect.... gets very wet , a bit of a pain drying off all the time .Much better with a suitable coat .
Posted By: snowhite Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 12th Dec 2017 5:34pm
Anyone go to Lartons pet supplies? They have good dog coats and accessories for pets.
reasonable prices too.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 13th Dec 2017 10:22am
My dog has always worn a jumper in the winter, ever since being a puppy.
She got so used to it, you just hold it and she would walk headfirst into it to put it on.
Posted By: venice Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 13th Dec 2017 1:03pm
Probably gives her security too. One of our previous dogs wouldnt settle for the night unless you threw a cover over her.
Posted By: venice Re: Dog snood . How much!!!!!??? - 13th Dec 2017 1:06pm
Never thought Lartons was particularly cheap snowhite when used to go for food, but havent been recently must admit.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral