Forums
Posted By: MikeT Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 7:42am
Hi all, I have a beautiful 18 month old female cat who has just had her first litter (all kittens have/are going to good homes). It's now time to have her neutered, any recommendations for a vet that will take good care of her please? I'm in Wallasey but distance is not a problem.

Thanks.
Posted By: lincle Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 9:01am
Hi If you don't mind a journey Acorn in West Kirby ,Birch in Oxton but there are several in Wallasey.Its very hit & miss like most things, there are good & bad.I personally would avoid Vets for Pets. Go on line for lists & look at remarks from pet owners. Neutering a very minor procedure so try not to worry.Well done finding good homes for the kittens.
We've just had our little dog spayed at Broadway vets in Heswall, no problems at all and a rapid recovery.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 1:57pm
Birch vets in Oxton is best and definitely for price. 652 3284
Posted By: granny Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 6:44pm
I've used Acorn in West Kirby. Seemed very good. Also used Churchview Vets in Heswall. They seemed good to, and after my last dog having an op. another vet in N.Wales asked who had performed the op. as it was very neat.

That was 6 yrs ago and more for Acorn.

.I personally would avoid Vets for Pets.

seconded.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 7:22pm
Thanks for the feedback all. I'll call Acorn and Birch in the morning. I've also heard that the RSPCA are offering "chip'n'snip" for 35 quid, does anyone know about this?

Urgent now as I've just found her in the middle of Victoria Road on her back taking on all comers (!) She's now confined until she's been to the vet...
Posted By: MikeT Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 7:27pm
ps. a couple pics of the kittens attached.

Attached picture IMG_20170503_112056.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20170503_112203.jpg
Posted By: MikeT Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 7:28pm
and a couple more.

Attached picture IMG_20170503_112449.jpg
Attached picture IMG_9172.JPG
Posted By: granny Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 13th May 2017 9:17pm
Just gorgeous !
So cute.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Recommendations for vet to neuter female cat? - 16th May 2017 2:44pm
Hello all, just to let you know she's booked into the PDSA next week for the schnip.
Originally Posted by MikeT
I've also heard that the RSPCA are offering "chip'n'snip" for 35 quid, does anyone know about this?

Just for anyone else .... http://rspcawirral.webs.com/welfare

and https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/help-advice/microchipping-neutering/copy-2-of-low-cost-neutering
© Wirral-Wikiwirral