Forums
Posted By: eggandchips vet fees - 20th Feb 2017 12:01am
hi peeps, just a heads up for those of you that need regular medicine for your pet when the insurance doesn't cover it.
my dog is diabetic, the vet charges me £45 for a phial of insulin, which lasts for 2 weeks. i discovered that if i pay for a prescription (£12.50), i can get the identical item online for £17.69.
whatsmore, i can use the same prescription for 6 repeats!
so i am now paying about £120 where it would've been £270.
i hope this helps someone out there
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: vet fees - 20th Feb 2017 12:09am
A further bit of advice on Vets fees is that Animal Trust have now opened in Ellesmere Port, consultations are free and treatment is cheaper than many others because they are a non-profit organisation.
Posted By: venice Re: vet fees - 20th Feb 2017 10:50am
Egg and DD - brilliant heads up thanks . Had a look at the AT prices , and a lot of them seem comparitivly reasonable. Some more than others.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: vet fees - 20th Feb 2017 12:03pm
i'm using ANIMEDS DIRECT
Posted By: starakita Re: vet fees - 20th Feb 2017 3:47pm
I took your advice egg & use that site for Misty's insulin & syringes & deffo half the price.My vet said once the diabetes was under control to buy off the internet.My last prescription was £8,comes to £28n in all as she has a health check.I get 9 bottles of insulin,last lot in September & on my 2nd to last bottle now.That costs me £169 including vat & delivery as it has to come refridgerated.if I got it from the vet it would cost £338.If I have any problems I just phone & get it sorted.
Posted By: starakita Re: vet fees - 20th Feb 2017 3:48pm
Just to say they do other stuff as well that you don't need prescriptions for.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral