Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 30th Jan 2017 6:17pm
Lots of blokes with binoculars getting excited Thurstaston Road Telegraph Road junction in Heswall. Waxwings spotted.
Posted By: granny Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 30th Jan 2017 9:59pm
Oh, wow.! RSPB said there could be some around this weekend (Bird watching weekend)
According to the experts the Waxwings don't generally come this far south, but.....about 4/5 years ago although it only seems about 3yrs., there were between 16 -20 of them outside my house at the front, sitting in a tree. A beautiful sight. Where were they heading , who knows, maybe Ireland ?
That was when I read about them not normally coming so far south from their usual habitats.
Thanks for that, Fish.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 31st Jan 2017 9:21am
Thanks for the photo Granny. They are gorgeous.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 31st Jan 2017 2:48pm
Could we have some gorgeous pics of the twitchers, too, please?

They are every bit as fascinating in their drab Anoraks with their cameras and tripods and can be set into excited activity by a simple cry of "Look! There's one!
Posted By: granny Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 31st Jan 2017 5:54pm
. This was for A (rare)Robin !! Robin probably said, "get lost, I'm having a worm, and I'm not coming out while you are all there (tw-ts)".

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Greenwood Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 31st Jan 2017 7:14pm
I was lucky enough some years ago to walk under a hawthorn tree in Greasby village in which was a visiting flock of 30-odd waxwings - not a twitcher in sight! Just me and those gorgeous little visitors.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 31st Jan 2017 9:44pm
Lovely looking birds.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 31st Jan 2017 10:42pm
Originally Posted by granny
. This was for A (rare)Robin !! Robin probably said, "get lost, I'm having a worm, and I'm not coming out while you are all there (tw-ts)".

[Linked Image]

Bloddie Paparazzi
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Bloddie Twitchers Out..Waxwings Heswall - 4th Feb 2017 6:43pm
My sister and her boyfriend can now tick off Waxwing for 50 points in the I Spy Book. Photo of the Heswall flock

Attached File
IMG_6838 - Copy.JPG  (219 downloads)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral