Forums
Posted By: fish5133 new addition? - 24th Dec 2016 10:27am
Or perhaps i should say additions. Wife and daughter been quietly plotting another kitten following death of kitty mick. Due visit after xmas from the cat welfare people who have a pair of kittens they dont want to separate. Double love double trouble double expense.
Got this far i hope they dont say no you cant have them. Will post pics of the furry bundles.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: new addition? - 24th Dec 2016 12:06pm
Fish's soft side....awww so cute!!
Posted By: granny Re: new addition? - 24th Dec 2016 1:46pm
Ha ha ! Told you wink You will enjoy every tiny scratch and they'll put a bit of life back in the house...
Posted By: fish5133 Re: new addition? - 24th Dec 2016 4:00pm
Originally Posted by lollipop
Fish's soft side....awww so cute!!

Yep. Bit like a Perch ...spines on the back but soft underbelly. It (they) will soften the old bu**er for sure.

Is it cruelish to keep them as house cats rather than free range. I know cats with FIV should be kept in and away from other moggies but not really thought about healthy ones. Id sooner have them trained to toilet in a tray than in my or neighbours garden
Posted By: Excoriator Re: new addition? - 24th Dec 2016 4:45pm
One would have thought it possible, in this day of technological wizardry, to develop a self-flushing cat's toilet.

Persuading cats that it is a good idea to use it would be quite another matter. In my experience of the animals it would be the one thing they would avoid like the plague! You might get somewhere if using the toilet productively resulted in the reward of a tasty morsel, but even that is not guaranteed.

Our cats - when we've had them - always studiously avoided scratching posts and the like, Instead falling with dedication and enthusiasm on the sofa which they damaged to the point of it having to be thrown out and replaced.

We have a dog now. She just chewed the rungs of the kitchen chairs to bits as a pup so they had to be thrown out. We cunningly replaced them with steel outdoor chairs until she gave up the habit and got some wooden ones which so far she has left intact.

I don't think you can win with ANY pet, financially.
Posted By: Uffda Re: new addition? - 26th Dec 2016 5:14pm
Please post pics as soon as you can!
Posted By: rocks Re: new addition? - 27th Dec 2016 11:24am
aww great news look forward to pics smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: new addition? - 30th Dec 2016 11:29pm
They have arrived. Just getting used to new surroundings and not too much interaction with us yet as they have each other to play with. Already in trouble --turned lights out and a quick peek in found them both curled up on the table..put back in basket and no sooner back turned back up on table..put cats in basket on table and what do they do ..step out of it and curl up on table.

Attached picture DSCF0668.JPG
Attached picture DSCF0660.JPG
Posted By: venice Re: new addition? - 30th Dec 2016 11:35pm
Very cute ! Obviously with ideas above their station . grin
Posted By: granny Re: new addition? - 30th Dec 2016 11:42pm
Oh ! Little cuties.. I bet you are softening already, Fish.

Very pleased, you will all enjoy them so much.
Posted By: starakita Re: new addition? - 31st Dec 2016 12:07am
theyr'e gorgeous,love ginger cats,they have such personalities,I've had 3 in the past,cant have any with Misty she's not a cat lover
Posted By: Anonymous Re: new addition? - 31st Dec 2016 5:05am
Now fish..... This is attention seeking !!!

You know were all melting here, there lovely
Posted By: snowhite Re: new addition? - 31st Dec 2016 8:26pm
Aw the kittens are so cute Fish.
Posted By: rocks Re: new addition? - 31st Dec 2016 11:06pm
aww they are so lovely thank you for posting pics smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral