Forums
Posted By: granny Cats or dogs ? - 14th Jun 2016 10:06pm

Which would you suggest as a better companion, a cat or a dog ?
Posted By: cools Re: Cats or dogs ? - 14th Jun 2016 10:17pm
I'm Deffo a dog person Granny, not keen on cats at all. I hate the way cats stare at you and I have this horrible one who has killed the baby blackbirds in my garden I was too late to save them. It had been bothering the birds in my garden and I was out there constantly chasing it but it got them in the end actually jumped from the bush with the little one in its mouth. I know it natural for them but I was so angry.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Cats or dogs ? - 14th Jun 2016 10:50pm
dogs all the way
Posted By: davidwlinski Re: Cats or dogs ? - 14th Jun 2016 11:17pm
Dogs demand much more attention and show more affection generally. Cats are more independent and unless they want something, they suit themselves.
Posted By: davidwlinski Re: Cats or dogs ? - 14th Jun 2016 11:18pm
So, I'd go with dogs. smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cats or dogs ? - 14th Jun 2016 11:34pm
Dogs
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 7:49am
Dogs.....

Attached picture dog.jpg
Posted By: McGee Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 9:39am
Doggie woggies every time, cats are nasty scratchy things that kill tweetybirds, and my lovely dog agrees with me.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 12:25pm
Another dog person here. cats are fairly independent, true but although dogs demand more input than cats, needing regular walks etc, they give so much back with their unconditional love. You are their pack leader and - if they're trained properly! - they look up to you and are very loyal. Generally speaking, they are not a threat to garden birds or prone to getting stuck up trees, either, though if bored or lonely they may chew the furniture. Personally I haven't had that problem. Both dogs I've shared my home with have been rescues, not highly bred, and have been good friends to me and mine.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 3:48pm
I'm a cat guy and if you are lucky enough to get a lap-cat then definitely a cat, dogs are too much work i find whereas yes cats are more independent but therefore they're less needy, cats are also much better to play with!
[youtube]uEbhzwbvAc0[/youtube]

plus when was the last time you heard of a beloved family cat mauling a child to death?
Posted By: cools Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 5:08pm
Cats have been known to smother new born babies by getting in pram or ćot and sitting on their faces. It's the sounds I think of newborns that attract them , not a common occurrence thank goodness but be aware it can happen J-Demo.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 5:26pm
I think the word "companion" has skewed the question in doggy favour. I am not a pet person but if I was forced to have either it would be a cat---even though I them for crapping in my allotment beds.
Usually lot less looking after and the right ones will pop onto your lap for a bit of tlc. Bit difficult with a rottweiller.

Posted By: starakita Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 5:38pm
I've had cats & dogs.I agree cats can be independant but the ones I've had mainly ginger & whites have had good personalities.Dogs are more loyal plus I get out & meet people & get exercise.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 7:13pm
dogs can stop your house getting robbed and bark to let you know if someone is in the back or at the door and are good at stopping Scally from knocking and asking can I do you lawn/windows you get to play with them and they can keep you fit

cats try to sit on your new 50+ tv, ps4/xbox1 their pee smell, they cry like someones put a hotpoker up their bum, you can't play ball or take them for walk in the park
Posted By: starakita Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 7:17pm
My cat used to follow me to the shops & my dog doesn't bark unless someone comes through the front door she doesn't know very well.
Posted By: granny Re: Cats or dogs ? - 15th Jun 2016 8:42pm
The dog seems the most popular . Would that be a dog or a bitch ?
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Cats or dogs ? - 16th Jun 2016 10:46am
Dogs are by nature pack hunters and cats are solitary hunters so it is a direct reflection on how they interact with humans. Each animal has its own unique traits that will suit some but not others. Dog owners say dogs are more intelligent than cats, but they forget that intelligence is more than just doing something on a verbal command. Because cats are solitary hunters, they don't need the communication and social skills of dogs, so they can come across as more aloof, but there has been many incidents of cats figuring things out for themselves, from flushing toilets to opening cupboard doors and bypassing childproof locks to access food. There has also been some anecdotal evidence of tool use with cats. Cats are also the most popular pet world wide, so someone must like them.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Cats or dogs ? - 16th Jun 2016 8:43pm
Mines would be a cat, They are independent,clean,most of all can be very affectionate.

Posted By: granny Re: Cats or dogs ? - 18th Jun 2016 10:45pm
Kieran, I've heard of cats knocking on front doors, but never flushing a toilet. Quite unique !

Thanks very much everyone. Thinking a budgie might be a better option. smile
Posted By: cools Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 10:18am
I've had budgies in the past Granny. I loved them one particular one was so funny ,used to sit on my shoulder and watch television ( well that seemed to me what he was doing anyway). Particularly liked Corrie haha. No I do think they can be good company and a lot of fun..
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 10:34am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cools Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 11:08am
Arr that's so cute Sunny.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 11:30am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: snowhite Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 12:04pm
Originally Posted by sunnyside
[Linked Image]
raftl clap
Posted By: snowhite Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 12:05pm
Or here is another good companion Granny.

[youtube]v=MNEIByUh_zw[/youtube]
Posted By: snowhite Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 1:00pm
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mALNyHFqw14[/youtube] laugh
Posted By: venice Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 3:05pm
Adorable.(Well, not the language etc obviously, but a cute bird) But, I do have problems thinking about birds in cages . Birds have wings for a reason. Particularly upset to think of parrots ,caged or on stands, with intelligence at the level of a 3yr old child. Even budgies/parakeets are reputed to be really bright, and ALL these birds are flock creatures, so must be horrible for them to be in solitary confinement , which most are.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 3:19pm
I`ll stick with the litter tray,its cheaper grin
[youtube]_QFac5vgtvA[/youtube]
Posted By: granny Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 3:54pm
Ha ha..they are all cute and hilarious. The blue budgie looks as if it's head is detachable, and the parrot cracks me up.

Posted By: sunnyside Re: Cats or dogs ? - 19th Jun 2016 6:44pm
can you all head over to funny pics and post there please, we really need some support thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral