Forums
Posted By: venice Poll . What to do about dog attacks. - 29th Apr 2016 2:03pm
Thought it might be interesting to do a poll to see what the majority of people think we should do about the seemingly increasing number of dog attacks.

Lets take it for granted that we all think its more a case of bad owners than bad dogs, and that we think dog owners and children should be better educated . But, looking at the number of careless stupid dog owners out there who wont take that on board , the present situation is unlikely to change.

This leaves us with three choices , so which one would you go for?

The poll will close next Wed lunchtime . Its anonymous.
Posted By: venice Re: Poll . What to do about dog attacks. - 3rd May 2016 7:49am
Just a reminder --The poll finishes tomorrow , if anyone would like to make their anonymous vote about addressing dog attacks.
Posted By: venice Re: Poll . What to do about dog attacks. - 4th May 2016 9:36pm
Here is the result of the poll peeps. Completely anonymous. Thanks to all who voted. Interesting result.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Poll . What to do about dog attacks. - 4th May 2016 11:28pm
What does 'statistically fit into the category of most likely to bite, should be muzzled in public' mean?

I was knocking at my mums today- no sign of Mother nor her dog yapping at the door. I thought, 'ok fine- will have a fag and finish my chapter- she is probs out with the dog'.

A few minutes later a dog come running up the drive- Staffy type dog with a studded collar on, sniffing around my ankles.

I was totally unfazed- not arsed atall but then I heard me mums dog yapping away. I held the knocker meaning 'don't be opening the door whilst there is a 'random' on her patch'.

Within seconds the owner appears 'sorry love, sorry love, he won't hurt you'. I just thought it sad that he assumed that I was frightened of his dog when as a matter of fact I just could not be arsed with me ma's dog escaping and chasing it off her patch!
Posted By: venice Re: Poll . What to do about dog attacks. - 5th May 2016 10:27pm
"What does 'statistically fit into the category of most likely to bite, should be muzzled in public' mean?"

As I understand it , it means that when bites and attacks happen, and are reported , records are kept of the kind of dog it was. From that I suppose they will be able to see over a period of time, which breed/size/ kind of dog that bites more often. Thinking about it , it would only work to a certain degree wouldnt it as once you get into mongrel territory , Im not sure how you might catagorize them - there again , to be fair,Ive not heard of mongrels biting much either. There would probably have to be a couple of different criterias that could be used in tandem.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral