Forums
Posted By: venice Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 9:11pm
Cant imagine that anyone would find this acceptable. Please do sign against such cruelty . Amazon standing against it would carry weight .Thanks

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-g...mp;src=LG_fb&campaign=AmazonLegTraps
Posted By: kittykat Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 9:21pm
Signed. Takes less than a minute.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 10:29pm
I was going to sign it, I don't mind giving my Email address but can't see why they ask for full postal address.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 10:34pm
Signed.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 10:37pm
Something that I would like to know myself?

I can understand it when petitioning local Gov't but not situations like this??

I do know that potential support is lost by asking people to reveal private details such as address, dob etc
Posted By: granny Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 10:47pm
Happy to help.

There are so many petitions about cruelty to animals now. I would dearly love to post them all on here, but fear that people eventually become desensitized.

I never use Amazon, and never will.
Posted By: granny Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 10:55pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
I was going to sign it, I don't mind giving my Email address but can't see why they ask for full postal address.

Could it have something to do with multiple signatories . 200 Peter Jones's will each have a different address and avoid duplicates , maybe ? More likely to change email addresses than postal.
Or, simply anther way to collate information on each and everyone. They can have what they want when it's one more tiny hope for helpless creatures, at the hands of ugly humans.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 21st Mar 2016 11:43pm
Very likely but it still puts people off...not me personally but others...yes.
Posted By: venice Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 22nd Mar 2016 1:26am
Thanks everyone. I keep a spare email address for such things and I think maybe sometimes I slip up on my house number and probably get a bit confused with my postcode ,thinking I live at a London shop. Dear me what ageing does to you. Good job such petitions are never checked, because I think I might make the same mistakes consistently, over and over.
I agree with you all though, I dont like putting my address either.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 22nd Mar 2016 8:13am
Signed
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 22nd Mar 2016 9:51am
Originally Posted by venice
Thanks everyone. I keep a spare email address for such things and I think maybe sometimes I slip up on my house number and probably get a bit confused with my postcode ,thinking I live at a London shop. Dear me what ageing does to you. Good job such petitions are never checked, because I think I might make the same mistakes consistently, over and over.
I agree with you all though, I dont like putting my address either.

Maybe the addresses are checked though? And fake ones are removed, rendering the whole signing null and void?
Posted By: venice Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 22nd Mar 2016 12:21pm
As long as names and addresses are not duplicated , and sound sensible, I dont believe that they are , and I cant believe it would invalidate a whole petition anyway even if the authorities did a spot check. Come on , the authorities cant even make sure our taxes/ health requirements/ schooling needs , or benefits are right. They cant even keep tabs on who's in the flipping country , never mind checking names agains a register on a piddling petition, surely? Im happy to not worry about it as a trade off for feeling more comfortable about voting .
Posted By: venice Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 22nd Mar 2016 10:02pm
" Im happy to not worry about it as a trade off for feeling more comfortable about voting ."

That should have read signing , not voting .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 22nd Mar 2016 10:16pm
Originally Posted by venice
" Im happy to not worry about it as a trade off for feeling more comfortable about voting ."

That should have read signing , not voting .
withthat
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Amazon Im shocked. - 26th Mar 2016 5:56pm
Signed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral