Forums
Posted By: Mauvewood Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 29th Oct 2015 2:45pm
Grey Parrot ... think a Galah.... in a tree in a back garden of Prenton Hall Road, Prenton
Obviously won't come down, being harassed by crows & magpies...
if you've lost one, this is the area you should be focusing on !
Sorry can't be more help...
Posted By: cools Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 29th Oct 2015 4:25pm
Some time ago we were all going mad looking for poor Lexie the galah parrot which poor margie had lost. Don't think she got her back not sure, hope someone gets this little one home...
Posted By: granny Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 29th Oct 2015 5:16pm
It was Margy who lost one, back in March. I doubt this is hers but she may not look on here any longer. Anyway her contact is

0151 625 3449 or 07561518794 as she had previously posted it. Margy may know of someone else who has lost one as I think they may tend to have a network for Gala's .

Good luck !
Posted By: margy Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 29th Oct 2015 7:31pm
Hi no, Lexxi is not yet home and this could be her, we will never give up hope.

We will be going up there in the morning, can anyone be more specific where the tree is?
Posted By: cools Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 29th Oct 2015 8:30pm
Fingers crossed Margy, it would be amazing if it was her, good luck x
Posted By: cools Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 30th Oct 2015 4:45pm
Any news Margy on the galah?
Posted By: margy Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 30th Oct 2015 8:18pm
Little birdie now fast asleep in the bird room, not Lexxi unfortunately but still totally gorgeous.

so if you've lost a cockatoo, let me know the details ie, ring number, etc.
Posted By: cools Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 30th Oct 2015 8:27pm
Sorry it wasn't Lexxi but it was a long shot. How did you manage to get this one down from the tree? Anyway so glad it's safe and sound and not being got at by the horrible magpies . Good work Margy.
Posted By: granny Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 30th Oct 2015 9:06pm
Well done Margy! Such a shame it isn't Lexi, but you have at least managed to save this little one. Excellent work.

I wonder where it has come from ?
Posted By: dogooddeeds Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 31st Oct 2015 12:38pm
There is a post on facebook group Wirral Network from Julien Appino whose grey african parrot has escaped from Greenfield Kennels in Meols. There is a photo and a telephone number.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 31st Oct 2015 12:38pm
Well done on your good work Margy!keep us updated on here xx
Posted By: margy Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 31st Oct 2015 8:31pm
Hi It's not this baby grey who has gone missing, though I am in touch with the owners and I really hope they find the baby frown
Posted By: margy Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 31st Oct 2015 8:34pm
Little birdie has settled in with ours and is not phased at all, happy and healthy and no sign of anyone losing a birdie like this.

I hope we find the owner and all relevant web pages have been alerted and lots of shares.

Will update and keep an eye on this page if anyone see's this and knows of anyone. Thank you all for your well wishes and we still haven't given up hope in finding Lexxi. Someone has her and we need her back.
Posted By: margy Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 1st Nov 2015 10:51pm
Picked up another galah from Prenton golf club this morning and both birdies, a bonded pair are back home with their owner smile
Posted By: granny Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 1st Nov 2015 11:06pm
How wonderful ! I'm sure they are extremely grateful to you. Loosing two must have been very stressful for them.
We'll have to call you the Wirral Bird Catcher smile
Excellent work, and we still have Lexxi in our thoughts.
Posted By: cools Re: Grey Parrot spotted in tree... - 2nd Nov 2015 8:33am
Bitter sweet for you Margy whilst being great to get them back home to their owners you must be thinking why did this not happen with my Lexxi. Well done though and still hoping you will get your own little one back x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral