Forums
Posted By: cools Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 11:02am
Does anybody know how to deter cats from leaving me presents of dead mice at my back door, ugh!! I,m not a cat person and I have lots of cats coming in my garden and always shoo them when I spot them. Three times now I have opened the back door to find a dead mouse, don't like it at all makes me feel queasy having to dispose of it, help?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 12:48pm
Super-soaker gun? One of the few things that beats cat's stubbornness.

Or you could get counselling for your aversion to dead mice? wink
Posted By: starakita Re: Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 1:23pm
They must like you Cools, my cat used to leave my next door neighbour things but she did feed him & he used to spend a lot of time there
Posted By: granny Re: Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 1:46pm
It's their way of bringing you a present. Now you wouldn't squirt your kids ..would you ??

I'd be quite pleased that he's catching them to be truthful.
Posted By: venice Re: Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 1:52pm
At least they're dead at the back door. Upsets me when next doors cat leaves things on my lawn half dead and looking pitifully at me.
Posted By: cools Re: Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 2:18pm
These are only tiny field mice I think Granny brown. I think I will have to be more forceful when I chase them, squirting sounds good to me. I don't want them to like me and leave these here. Yes Venice would not want anything half dead.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 2:29pm
The nearest dwelling to me have 2 cats. Great creatures really and they leave the birds alone. However, they are very efficient mousers and sometimes leave me a present on my doorstep. Whole dead mice I don't mind. It's when you get left a mouse assembly kit I ain't too keen on! Yuk!
Posted By: granny Re: Cat presents - 8th Jul 2015 2:58pm
Field mice. Well, don't be too upset Cools, if they get into your house you'll have to kill them anyway. They breed furiously. Think of the cheaper more humane option. smile

Cats hate water, so good idea.

Mouse assembly kit, Pinz ? Is that something else you store in your tin box ?
Posted By: Mindfull Re: Cat presents - 9th Jul 2015 7:06pm
Kitties reeeally don't like the smell of citrus..orange especially...squirts of orange oil?? Also orange oil is suppose to lift human moods which might help you recover from the poor mousey sightings! ..:-)
Posted By: cools Re: Cat presents - 9th Jul 2015 7:30pm
Thanks mindfull, I will try that. Put loads of pepper down last night, thankfully nothing this morning .
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Cat presents - 10th Jul 2015 11:12am
Hi Cools, just a thought, you've missed the "T" off shoo in. Your opening post.Smelly things Cats. Only joking, I've got a. Lovely Ginger Tom, called. Pugsley.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Cat presents - 10th Jul 2015 11:12am
Hi Cools, just a thought, you've missed the "T" off shoo in. Your opening post.Smelly things Cats. Only joking, I've got a. Lovely Ginger Tom, called. Pugsley.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral