Forums
Posted By: Alonso Boxer dog struck by a car in Park Road North. - 17th Dec 2014 5:22pm
Happened at 3:50pm this afternoon. I pulled up behind a flat-back truck that braked in front of me, just before the Duke Street traffic lights, as a beautiful boxer dog ran in front of the truck.
The dog ran onto the pavement and seemed to be panicking looking for its owner. A group of women standing on the pavement seemed to be bewildered as to what to do. I just wish that one of them had grabbed his harness before he had a chance to dart in front of me because a split second later he collided with a car that had come from the opposite direction. The driver had no chance to avoid the poor dog. He let out a sickening yell before he managed to get to his feet and run a few yards disappearing out of my sight.
In the meantime I could hear and see somebody in the park whistling for his dog.
The car involved in the collision stopped and the truck driver ran towards the car.
I was unable to stop to help as I had one of my grandsons with me and was on my way to collect his brother.
I just hope that the dog, who was clearly distressed, even before he was struck, is okay.
If anybody knows anything as to how the dog is please let's know.
I went back that way about 20 minutes later, but there was nobody about other than the usual moving traffic.
The dog will be in shock he/she will go and hide somewhere.
Lets hope the dog is not to badly hurt and will be back safe and sound with its owner.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral