Forums
Posted By: lincle RABBITS - 7th Sep 2014 9:46am
Neighbour has 8 beautiful bunnies needing new homes.Make lovely pets,used to being handled.
Posted By: j_demo Re: RABBITS - 7th Sep 2014 4:06pm
are they mini/dwarf breed or regular bunnies?
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 7th Sep 2014 4:57pm
regular bunnies I think judging by their mum & dad but not giant size
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: RABBITS - 7th Sep 2014 8:58pm
Please sell them to reduce the risk of them being used as dog-fighting training fodder.
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 8:09am
Going to the wrong people is always a big problem.Neighbour has tried selling & reduced price twice.Notice in his garden on busy road & hes rung several pet shops & small animal rescue who tried to help but no-one interested.Any suggestions welcome
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 8:32am
phone Ian on 645 6217 for Rabbit Rescue in Moreton Bermuda rd
Posted By: queenie Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 8:56am
might be an idea to keep male and female bunnies apart, and get one of them done!!!.... so many unwanted bunnies...
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 12:37pm
Fed up telling neighbour to keep them separate & hes just told me Doe has had another litter!!.Heaven knows how many.He needs sectioning Stupid man !!!!!
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 12:38pm
Thanks Muzzy2 will pass it on to neighbour.Hope Ian can help
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 1:20pm
Neighbour phoned Ian who said he knew nothing about a rabbit rescue place. He actually collects any sick animals & takes to vet for their owners.Thanks anyway
Posted By: queenie Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 2:53pm
maybe a phone call to local vet to see how much it is to get either rabbit done..would the rabbit owner get help with vet bills?? if he doesn't do something soon the baby rabbits will start having babies.. he will have hundreds by Christmas... has he not heard of the saying **** like rabbits !!!
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 6:01pm
Theres another saying about brick walls & I'm banging my head against one at the moment.He can certainly afford to get the Doe speyed & has promised to keep them apart,that remains to be seen.
Posted By: granny Re: RABBITS - 8th Sep 2014 11:22pm
Try these, they may be able to give some guidance.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

RSPCA Wirrel Animal Centre
Cross Lane, Wallasey, Wirral, Cheshire, CH45 8RH
Tel: 0151 638 6318 | Website

I love rabbits and would give them all a home if I could. My last one lived until 12yrs.
Good luck.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: RABBITS - 9th Sep 2014 8:44am
Very sorry you didn't get information but give Birch Vets a ring 652 3284 and they will give you the phone no. as they neuter all the rabbits at this rescue for them. Ask for Nadine Hudson's phone no. She runs it.
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 9th Sep 2014 11:24am
Many thanks will pass on all phone numbers when I see neighbour later today
Posted By: queenie Re: RABBITS - 10th Sep 2014 8:07pm
any news on the bunnies??
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 14th Sep 2014 8:48am
Hi Queenie 1 rehomed,someone was to collect 2 yesterday but didn't turn up.Still looking for homes.I think the cost of hutches could put a lot of people off unfortunately.
Posted By: WLH27 Re: RABBITS - 16th Sep 2014 10:51am
How old are they now please?
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 18th Sep 2014 2:25pm
Hi I think theyre 12 weeks old now.Only 3 left
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 25th Sep 2014 5:52pm
Just one lonely little bunny left & ready to go to good home.However, the doe has had 3 more who are now approx.2-3 weeks old.Lets hope the owner has now seen sense!
Posted By: venice Re: RABBITS - 26th Sep 2014 9:12am
Pity people dont know that if you leave baby bunnies with their mum beyond around 11 weeks , it is possible for a male baby to impregnate her if his 'bits' have dropped . Anyone taking a mixed pair of 12 week babies should be prepared to castrate the male straight away if they dont want accidents.
I despair of stupid people breeding rabbits when already there arent enough homes to go round , and thousands sit in rescues.
Posted By: lincle Re: RABBITS - 27th Sep 2014 6:22pm
Couldn't agree more Venice,fortunately the bunnies where in a separate hutch when they got older.A home has now been found for the last of the older ones.Lets hope homes will be found for the younger ones in weeks to come & the owner sees sense
Posted By: venice Re: RABBITS - 28th Sep 2014 5:41pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyl...feel-frustration-and-fear-vets-warn.html

Hurrah, at last. Sadly I think a lot of people will only take on board half the message --- have two buns for company bit, but not neuter. Groan!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral