Forums
Posted By: ZipperClub Save the Monarch butterflies - 20th May 2014 5:30pm
Please sign to help save the Monarch butterflies.

Addressed to Michelle Obama, First Lady of the United States,

Monarch butterflies and other pollinators are under siege. Recent reports suggest the Monarch butterfly numbers have plunged so low that their migration may cease to exist. The plight of Monarch butterflies exemplifies the threat to all our pollinators, the hardworking creatures that pollinate 75% of our food crops. Habitat loss, the pervasiveness of herbicide tolerant crops and pesticide use are to blame. We must work together to restore Monarch and other pollinator habitat. Planting milkweed at the White House would raise awareness while providing the Monarch with its host plant ond other pollinators a favorite nectar source.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...arch-butterflies-and-other-pollinators-3
Posted By: Uffda Re: Save the Monarch butterflies - 21st May 2014 4:14pm
I'll probably be shouted down for this comment but surely there are more local issues to be concerned about before ensuring that milkweed is planted at the white house?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Save the Monarch butterflies - 21st May 2014 6:09pm
By the time you typed that you could of voted. Not in England(local), not my problem...is what you just said!.
Posted By: venice Re: Save the Monarch butterflies - 21st May 2014 7:47pm
Methinks naughty Zippy that post was a 'plant' to make a point lol! Thought that as soon as I saw it. Youre dead right in principle of course, but come on , butterflies being scarce in an area isnt up there with the animal cruelty in Grannys post ,is it.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Save the Monarch butterflies - 21st May 2014 7:56pm
Ahh, 10,847 Wiki Members, not including those just looking in. Ok, if just all us lot(10,847+) stood outside all day and night for a week non stop, how many people would we see harming the said birds?. Feckin none.
And leave my "plant" alone :-))
Posted By: venice Re: Save the Monarch butterflies - 21st May 2014 9:08pm
Aaaaaargh! Thought we'd covered that in tother post !!! Ill give up and leave you and your plant to live happily together !
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Save the Monarch butterflies - 21st May 2014 9:17pm
Just for you Venice..

Attached picture aa.jpg
Posted By: venice Re: Save the Monarch butterflies - 21st May 2014 11:32pm
lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral