Forums
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Goshawk Wallasey - 7th Mar 2014 8:33pm
Could everyone please heep their eye out for this goshawk in the wallasey /newbrighton and surrounding areas. It has been spotted a few times now but still out after a week. Any information on sightings will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: saltytom Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 8th Mar 2014 8:14am
Have not seen it close up but we a hawk flying above Wallasey golf club,and also in Green lane/Greenleas rd area on Thursday afternoon.
Posted By: sean Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 8th Mar 2014 8:15am
That's a beautiful looking creature, I shall keep my eyes peeled
Posted By: woofie Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 8th Mar 2014 9:11am
Spotted a hawk sim to this last friday which was perched on a neighbours chimney in Kenilworth rd. It was about 4pm. A few people were looking at it as they walked past on Brighton st. It stayed for about 5mins then flew off and landed on the Town Hall tower.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 8th Mar 2014 1:08pm
Arrhhh it's beautiful. I hope you find it. I will keep my eyes out for it.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 8th Mar 2014 4:25pm
every day last week i started noting it on the lamp posts near J1 of the M53!!! thought it was a bit predatorial to be about there...

it's been there both on my way to and back from work (8:30am and 5:30pm)

on the top of these lamp posts:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

hope this helps, i would LOVE for this bird to return home to it's owner.

that is, if the bird i see is that bird, i'm 95% certain it is
Posted By: tedmus Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 8th Mar 2014 6:21pm
Not sure if it's this one but I also saw a large hawk type bird sat on top of a lamp post on the entry slip at J1 on the south bound side one morning last week. Quite often see buzzards but normally a bit further along the motorway so thought it a bit unusual.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 8th Mar 2014 8:06pm
I heard something about a hawk on the loose this week, apparantely someone posted a vid of it on facebook, trying to eat a pigeon, and im sure they said it was in the Bebington road area of Rock Ferry, the person taking the vid must of disturbed it and the hawk released the pigeon and flew off. The pigeon stumbled to its feet and also flew off. Someone also commented how they seen it in their back garden eating a pigeon and it left a lot of pigeon mess behind, without going too graphic. I will get some more info later or tomorrow and will try and get the video and will post it on here.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 9th Mar 2014 12:52am
Just an update on my earlier info, the vid was posted on the group called Wirral newsbeat on facebook, but it seems to of been taken down now, may be worth contacting the admin of the group and he/she may put you in touch with whoever uploaded the vid. But it was definitely in Rock Ferry.
Posted By: Razzi Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 9th Mar 2014 9:22am
I think it's the hawk we've seen every day for the past week flying about the Bidston moss . we see it while we are walking the back path nearest to the motorway. This is the motorway that runs from the bottom of mill lane to the B&Q roundabout. hope this is a help.

ps the moss is a public space and you get onto it by using the
path down the side of the tip. Good luck
Posted By: robslad Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 9th Mar 2014 2:49pm
Hi, not sure how long this has been missing but we have a Goshawk that has been coming in our and next doors garden, with pigeons . Sometimes comes back following morning to finish feeding. We back on to Bidston Moss.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 10th Mar 2014 5:40pm
Further to my earlier post, just been past where I saw it last week and it was there again at 5:27pm
Posted By: missydebby Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 10th Mar 2014 8:33pm
I saw this hawk today at Junction 1 on the M53, sitting on the lamp post just like j_demo said above. This was about 6pm.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 10th Mar 2014 8:51pm
A similar bird was feasting on a pigeon in next door's garden, but this was a few months ago.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 10th Mar 2014 9:41pm
There is a nesting pair of birds aswell as a few buzzards regularly on the lamp posts near b&q we have been down soooo many times now haha x thanks for the info thouh guys as he is still out. Any info greatly appreciated,
Posted By: missydebby Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 15th Mar 2014 7:58pm
Hi Rickie Robbo, I saw this hawk again on both Thursday and Friday this week at Junction 1 of the M53 sitting on top of the lamp posts. Can I ask out of interest, how and when are you going to get him/her back?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 15th Mar 2014 11:32pm
What can you do to get this stunner back Rickie Robbo? Is s/he trained and would recognise your voice?

Best of luck,matey x
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 15th Mar 2014 11:49pm
Why does he not come back by himself?
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 16th Mar 2014 5:53pm
He comes to call but was only bought 2 days before escaping. He has ringlets on his legs the ones spotted at j1 havent had when we have checked. If we can get a sighting of him he will come to call but untill then he's gone frown
Posted By: granny Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 16th Mar 2014 8:53pm
Is he ringed and have you tried the previous owner? Maybe he's a bit like a homing pigeon !
Posted By: kimpri Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 16th Mar 2014 9:10pm
Originally Posted by granny
Is he ringed and have you tried the previous owner? Maybe he's a bit like a homing pigeon !

looks like id ring on its left leg

like a homing pigeon no
likes yumyum homing pigeons tho yes
Posted By: granny Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 16th Mar 2014 10:35pm
Originally Posted by kimpri
Originally Posted by granny

looks like id ring on its left leg

like a homing pigeon no
likes yumyum homing pigeons tho yes

Kimpri raftl .

Should be able to look after itself then. Really hope so.

Don't like captive birds, sorry.
Posted By: beanie65 Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 19th Mar 2014 8:01pm
Hi, the bird was sighted today by leasowe lighthouse, see link.
http://www.deeestuary.co.uk/lsight.htm
Posted By: kimpri Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 19th Mar 2014 9:59pm
Originally Posted by beanie65
Hi, the bird was sighted today by leasowe lighthouse, see link.
http://www.deeestuary.co.uk/lsight.htm
. click here
Posted By: redalien Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 24th Mar 2014 2:59pm
Does Ricky robbo have the paper work for the hawk?
its against the law to keep them without the proper paper work.
And proof off purchase.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 24th Mar 2014 6:16pm
I have noticed that hawk near Junction 1 many times as I have gone past.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 4th Apr 2014 8:54pm
Saw him today, atop a lamp post just prior to the exit junction for Wallasey (Village).Heading Northbound on the M53, 1610hrs.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 5th Apr 2014 9:08am
He was still there ,when i went to work ,at 4-35 ,same post ....
Posted By: beanie65 Re: Goshawk Wallasey - 5th Apr 2014 1:23pm
If its the same bird I am seeing on the lampposts it is not the Goshawk it is a Buzzard,I did see the hawk a few times while fishing at the brick works but not for a couple of weeks now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral