Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 7th Nov 2013 8:54pm
This is just cruel. Please sign petition at

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Petition_contre_les_amulettes_danimaux_vivants_en_Chine/?fbss
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 7th Nov 2013 10:39pm
They are being sold in large bags with nutrients and air etc. They are purchased this way and are supposed to be transferred to a suitable tank once home ( similar to goldfish at a fairground, or anything bought from a pet shop ). I don't understand where the keychain comes in? Nobody would surely attach them to carkeys LOL.
Posted By: venice Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 7th Nov 2013 10:39pm
Signed.
This is sickening concept isnt it. I remember a few years ago there was a similar thing --- live beetles encrusted with diamante chips on their backs, attached to little chains so they became a living mobile brooch for a while and remained attractive even when they died and dried out Ugh.
Posted By: venice Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 7th Nov 2013 10:44pm
Your reaction ASE71 is how a normal person would and should react to such an idea. Sadly , these things are true.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/keyrings.asp
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 8th Nov 2013 8:42am
Again, this ridiculous superstition "Good luck."

Theres no such fooking thing.

I read that a lot of people buy them to free them, which shows some modicum of compassion.

Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 8th Nov 2013 8:59am
as long as the human race can make money off animals it doesn't give s***t
Chinese/japanese are a horrible race, no human rights/no animal rights
even after the COVE movie they just stopped it for a bit then carried on.
animal equality has vids of the dog and cat slaughter houses in china, they still think moronically that eating certain precious and abundant animal bodies somehow is beneficial
god knows what goes on in korea to poor animals.....
The uk is no different, we beat our pigs, keep our dairy cows constantly pregnant filled with injections and kill male ones and their young because theyre not money makers.
Scumbag Cameron still does allow live exports, troops to shoot pigs for research into medical war treatment, animal aid still shows how we shoot our horses and treat pigs cattle etc with cruelty and contempt
As ive said before on here we bleat about being animal lovers here but theres plenty cruelty hidden from our selfish over indulged consumer driven lives.
The USA has terrorism laws to jail people for filming cruelty in their slaughter houses, if the ... mps had their way here it would be in power also.
Always remember animals were here before us and hopefully long after when weve consumed everything and urbanised it to our own ends.
Youll never convince me that the human race is less destructive than our animal nature infrastructure .
I think man will only be happy once this planet is like the film "SOYLENT GREEN "
As long as we still continue to create division -empathy/apathy- based on form in nature we ultimately will never progress from "living by killing savages " just like the animals we like to criticise and destroy.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 8th Nov 2013 9:16am
if you take a look at "EARTHLINGS" director Shaun Monsons speech about his new film "UNITY" he says.....
"what is the meaning of life ?, for only one in ten million ,its enlightenment "
"for most its this....(shows war materialism power death poverty wealth cruelty fame)
"life is transitory ,all our destinies are non physical, death makes that perfectly clear..."
"so why do we toil all our short lives for that which decays instead of that which ultimately endures ?"
What he means is love, non cruelty , non division and acceptance throughout the human and animal world.....
sounds very deep but its brilliance and as always simple but the human race will always fight and divide...
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 8th Nov 2013 11:18am
Even the people buying them to release them feeds this market.
The more they buy to release, the more they make to sell
Vicious circle, very sad
Posted By: chriskay Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 8th Nov 2013 10:51pm
Originally Posted by svenlock68

Scumbag Cameron if the ... mps

Your use of the epithet "..." weakens your argument.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 8th Nov 2013 11:07pm
spot the racist comments, keep it to yourself or face a ban.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 9th Nov 2013 12:28pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
They are being sold in large bags with nutrients and air etc. They are purchased this way and are supposed to be transferred to a suitable tank once home ( similar to goldfish at a fairground, or anything bought from a pet shop ). I don't understand where the keychain comes in? Nobody would surely attach them to carkeys LOL.
You got a point there.Maybe some should go and see how the other world lives.If many think this is terrible or cruel well thats nothing compared to what really goes on in other countries.Animals or insects comes as a food or a fashion accessory.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 9th Nov 2013 1:06pm
'Fashion Accessory' is,nt that what a keyring is ??
Posted By: Cobby Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 9th Nov 2013 2:08pm

No, the bags they are being sold in are not large, they are around 1"-3", and are sealed, as they are intended to be permanent homes for these creatures (for a very short while, until they starve/suffocate to death, anyway). They are nothing like the ones you could win at the fairground.

They come with the keychains already attached.

[Linked Image]

And yes, people DO attach them to their carkeys -
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

(just a few of the many images you can find via Google...)
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 9th Nov 2013 2:19pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
'Fashion Accessory' is,nt that what a keyring is ??
BEETLES INSECTS FOR SALE , KEY CHAINS, ACRYLIC KEY CHAIN , CAR KEY CHAIN , ANIMAL KEY CHAIN , JEWELRY KEY CHAIN , KEYCHAIN , KEYCHAINS , KEY RING , AND SO ON!
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 9th Nov 2013 2:52pm
Im misanthropic. Im allowed to call.humans .... Its called free speech
Animals are far superior to humans. For starters they dont pray to meaningless gods. Theyre smarter than that.
Halal slaughter is barbaric yet we complain about iraq be headings. But its ok theyre animals right? Wrong.
Shauns view is good but it isnt mine.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 9th Nov 2013 5:41pm
Originally Posted by Cobby

No, the bags they are being sold in are not large, they are around 1"-3", and are sealed, as they are intended to be permanent homes for these creatures (for a very short while, until they starve/suffocate to death, anyway). They are nothing like the ones you could win at the fairground.

They come with the keychains already attached.

[Linked Image]

And yes, people DO attach them to their carkeys -
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

(just a few of the many images you can find via Google...)

That's just sick! signed the petition.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 10th Nov 2013 8:48pm
Originally Posted by svenlock68
Im misanthropic. Im allowed to call.humans .... Its called free speech
Animals are far superior to humans. For starters they dont pray to meaningless gods. Theyre smarter than that.
Halal slaughter is barbaric yet we complain about iraq be headings. But its ok theyre animals right? Wrong.
Shauns view is good but it isnt mine.
The Halal slaughter is a completely different subject, Svenlock68,But regarding that its quick and painless cutting the throat of a sheep or cow.As i said in my last post if poeple really knew how annimals are treated in other countries Its shocking.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Stop 'living animal' keychains in China - 28th Nov 2013 5:07pm
Although this is late added....
I get called a racist to say the above but the world news via change dot org has just freshly exposed the atrosites of boiling skinned dogs alive !!!
This is just sadistic pure cruelty !! It must be stopped
Animal cruelty and torture like this knows no bounds in China or Korea or Vietnam.
Sign the petition now
I hope karma gets all these human ... who benefits from this act of violence against sentient beings. Its a disgrace
Its all over the press
© Wirral-Wikiwirral