Forums
Posted By: fish5133 RSPCA Snooping - 30th Aug 2013 11:13pm
Brought my sister home from airport to be told by a neighbour the RSPCA had been snooping through her letter box. They had left a note as well as jamming pieces of card around the door to see if anyone has opened the door the next time they call back.(a nice tell tale for any burglar as well).
She is a bit of a cat lover and often the waif and strays come in to be fed and she spends a fortune at vets getting them treated. She always arranges cat feeders when she is away. One of the older cats that she had had treated at the vets (all teeth removed and a biopsy) had been struggling and sadly when away on holiday a neighbour decided (without asking) to take it to be put down. Either the neighbour or more likely the vet has reported this to the RSPCA.Will be interesting to see what they have to say.What is worrying is if the RSPCA deem it cruel to allow your pets to grow old and not die a natural death
Posted By: mrhanky Re: RSPCA Snooping - 30th Aug 2013 11:31pm
rspca are a complete joke!!!!!!
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 8:49am
Where are they for the genuine cases that need help!!!!
Posted By: Fenris Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 9:39am
The RSPCA are a very dangerous organisation. Do not let them in. Do not answer their questions. Their aim is to obtain a successful prosecution.

You need to speak to the SHG. the-shg dot org or ring them on 0744 99 89 411 (not advertising they are voluntary and don't charge)

Whatever you do, don't sign any animals over they kill over 50% of all animals that they take in.

Don't let them take an animal to the vet. You will never see it again.

Posted By: s7uajones Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 11:02am
The RSPCA do a good job however like everyone they gets things wrong sometimes, but when it goes wrong everyone gets to here about it on social media and when they get I right no one hears about it on social media.
People are too keen to [censored] off organisations ind don't give praise when due
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 1:57pm
the rspca put down 53000 animals in 2011 4000 of those were healthy maybe if they spent some of the money wasted on uniforms new vans and adverts they could of saved them animals I wouldn't call that a good job
Posted By: Dilly Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 2:42pm
What is the alternative to the Rspca, a country over run with unwanted uncared for animals.Not all animals can be rehomed therefore unfortunately many have to be put down. It is the status owners who buy animals as a badge that I despair of. Yes the Rspca may get it wrong sometimes but I think they do good more times than bad.( jmo )
Posted By: Blueskier Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 3:45pm
My one experience of the RSPCA, i saw an old dog that had slipped out of a dormer window and was stuck on a slippy slate roof unable to climb back up. Back legs jammed in guttering and howling in terror.
Called the RSPCA and they were more interested in getting all my details trying to get a subscription from me before taking details of the incident.
All the while the dog was getting weaker with trying to climb then sliding back down.
Fire brigade turned up and saved the day.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 5:43pm
Originally Posted by s7uajones
The RSPCA do a good job however like everyone they gets things wrong sometimes, but when it goes wrong everyone gets to here about it on social media and when they get I right no one hears about it on social media.
People are too keen to [censored] off organisations ind don't give praise when due

pretty certain they are the most complained about charity in the uk wink
Posted By: shar215 Re: RSPCA Snooping - 31st Aug 2013 11:43pm
the RSPCA DONT HELP ..they are a multi million pound cooperation WHO TAKE AND TAKE
Posted By: tiptop Re: RSPCA Snooping - 1st Sep 2013 7:50am
Why is it the R.S.P.C.A'S fault That a neighbour took a cat to the vet and the then Said vet put the cat down? I can't see what roll the R.S.P.C.A Played in having the cat put down, maybe the vet was the one that called them, you said she feeds all the cats, could it not be seen by a passer by that this may look like she/he who lives there could be a Hoarder and not seeing anyone at the home then called, how many times is it we hear of cats/dogs being left on their own who's to tell them apart.

Sorry first post was looking at pics of old Wirral and came across your forum.
Posted By: Uffda Re: RSPCA Snooping - 1st Sep 2013 8:34am
Just to be Devil's Advocate, if the RSPCA received a report surely they are duty bound to investigate? I would be more worried about the organisation if they just ignored it. Until they have spoken to your sister they don't know at this point that no abuse has been committed.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: RSPCA Snooping - 1st Sep 2013 9:46am
I've watched the RSPCA spend money on 5 men and climbing gear to rescue a sheep stuck on a mountain side and as soon as the men got near the sheep it ran back up the hill to safe land. RSPCA - trying to control the uncontrollable.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: RSPCA Snooping - 1st Sep 2013 4:02pm
RSPCA officer called back. (If it had been me i would have politely told him to leave) He was responding to a complaint that cats were left by owners away on holiday, locked out (cats seen sitting on doorstep!) and not being fed and perhaps being badly treated as one cat had no teeth and was thin (the cat that was put down). Appreciate they may have a job to do but does that allow them to snoop through letter boxes and put paper slips around your door frame. At what point do they then break into your house to supposedly rescue cats/dogs.
Anyway cats were not locked out--they have a cat flap, they were fed every day whilst owners on holiday, cat with no teeth had had them removed by a vet along with another cat she has that had the same problem. Just a bit ironic you pay hundred quid or so to have a cat treated by a vet only to find another vet puts it down.Moral of the saga is dont leave your granny outside without her teeth in!
Posted By: beanie65 Re: RSPCA Snooping - 1st Sep 2013 7:45pm
Am I missing the point here?.
Wasn't it the neighbour who took the cat to be put down.
If that's the case then your gripe should be with her. not the R.S.P.C.A.
Another point is very really will a vet put down a healthy animal so my guess would be that the vet thought it would be kinder to put the cat down rather than let it suffer any longer.
And as for the R.S.P.C.A breaking into a house, they have no power of entry, if they need to gain access to a property they must first contact the police who will obtain a warrant and only then can they enter and the police must be present.
All the R.S.P.C.A officer was doing was responding to a complaint nothing else.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral