Forums
Posted By: Nienna Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 11:44am
I am looking for a new vet, can anyone reccommend any or tell me of those to avoid!

I have been considering Birch in Oxton/Thingwall and also Broadway Heswall and Chruchview Heswall.

I would appreciate hearing of people's experiences with these practises.

Has any one any experiences of the new vet surgery in Irby?

But also any others that you have had positive/good dealings with.

Thanks for any advice.
Posted By: RedWitch Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 12:04pm
I go to Broadway in Bebington and have done for many years, they have always been excellent in my experience. I would thoroughly recommend the practice. grin
Posted By: vargonuk Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 12:06pm
We have been with birch for many years very good.
Posted By: tedmus Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 1:38pm
We use Broadway Wallasey, always been excellent.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 2:40pm
Broadway Bebington,no contest,really helpful.,;-))
Posted By: katyem Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 2:52pm
We use Acorn Vets West Kirby and they have alwasy been good and great puppy vaccination package. For neutering we have used Broadway in wallasey and they have always been good.
Posted By: 47fld Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 2:53pm
Dont use birch in oxton had a bad time with that vet, they think about the business not the animal..................
Posted By: sam_w Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 3:06pm
We use Aardvarks in Ellesmere Port.

My parents and most people I know use them, all the staff are top class and we have never had a problem with them.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 4:14pm
We use C-Vets town lane Bebington
Rob McNulty is the bees knees! Got a quote of 500 quid to remove a lump from my dogs head went to Rob who quoted 180, and did the op 2 days later rather than a week! Also take all my reptiles there as he is very good and prices are reasonable.
You wont go wrong with Irby Veterinary , Rob is a great feller who puts you at ease and treats your pets with the up most respect.

Tell him Colette Clarke sent you..

648 9933

Posted By: j_demo Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 8:10pm
Broadway in bebington/wallasey/heswall are very highly recommended by me.

my mum has her dogs registered there and i have my cat and rabbit and they're very well priced, are very friendly and helpful, even over the phone if you just want some advice, all the staff have some sort of qualification so are able to offer advice they're not just reception/front desk staff that know nothing that answer the phones, and their aftercare is exceptional.

they're also open 7 days a week 8:30am - 6:30pm

http://broadwayvets.co.uk/
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 9:43pm
Vets 4 pets Prenton, I have been going there with my dog since it opened, Matt started the franchise after leaving Broadway Bebington, they do a great vaccination package for life, and also don't rip you off like some. Will also add that the girls on reception are lovely so compassionate.
Posted By: jerdubig Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 9:45pm
I use C Vets in Moreton.They tell you the price up front. The main reason is the vet, she gives up her own time and uses her own money to go abroad and treat animals for people who cant afford a vet also she fundraises to pay for their meds. Trust her with my animals and her diagnosis is always spot on but the main reason she obviously loves animals
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 2nd Jun 2013 10:34pm
I second Matt from Vets4pets, sister took her poorly young cat Tetley to him for the first time the other day and he was very caring and showed plenty of emotion and sadness when he felt a massive tumour in the cats stomach, he said that he could take hundreds of pounds in treatments and fill the family with false hope (like some do) but the cat would end up dying in the end anyway and it would be cruel. He put Tetley to sleep for £30 and was very caring towards my sister when she was upset, also the receptionist was lovely and very caring too.
We will be going to Matt all the time now and have given Birch rd vet the boot as they have become very money oriented.
Posted By: Nienna Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 3rd Jun 2013 10:25am
Thanks for the replies Folks, I am certainly looking into quite a few of them!
Another vote from me for Vets4Pets. Much more caring and interested than Birch Road.
Posted By: Robvet Re: Can anyone reccomend a good vet practise. - 5th Jun 2013 1:15pm
It would be silly of me not to add our link on here! Take a look and come and visit if you would like to look around.

(Self Advertising link Removed )

Regards

Rob
Irby vets
Maybe I can add the link to Irby vets ?

http://www.irbyvets.co.uk/

Sorry if that's wrong admin but I am nothing to do with them.
Another vote for Matt @ Vets4Pets, Prenton.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral