Forums
Posted By: feely pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 5:27pm
hi guys has anyone got a good pet insurance company that they know or have used im looking to take out for my pup and would like lifetime cover have spent days looking on the internet and the price varys alot as wit everyone moneys tight but vet bills are big if anyone could help i would be gratefull eek
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 5:46pm
P.M. Tilly,she's clued up on all things canine.
Posted By: Wench Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 5:56pm
I have my dog insured with Animal Friends. They do a lot for animal charities with some of the profits and they are really swift on paying you back. Can't fault them yet - been with them for about 5yrs now.
Posted By: TheDr Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 6:12pm
Tilly is good, just check policy carefully, as many of the "for life" ones have a number of clauses which makes them anything but.

A number of "large" firms have recently had to make a u-turn over this due to increasing negative publicity, but I wouldn't expect it to last forever.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 7:04pm
http://www.pet-insurance.co.uk/
Posted By: reddragon Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 7:46pm
we have our dog under more than pet insurance and have had no probs in over 4 yrs with them premiums are very reasonable
Posted By: chris58 Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 7:46pm
I've got my cavaliers insured with tesco. I had to claim a couple of years ago when they got a box of Thornton chocs off the table, took the wrapping paper off and tucked in. The bill was £1200 as they ended up spending the night at chestergates animal hospital. Tesco paid up no problem. Be careful as some companies only cover up to 12 months for conditions which develop ie epilepsy, premiums go up if you cover for life. So shop around
Posted By: yewgarth Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 7:51pm
we use E&L never had a problem with them
Posted By: eggandchips Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 8:05pm
me too
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 9:03pm
Mine is with directline ..if you have any other insurance with them you get %10 off. I pay £26 a month for 2 pets . Never had to claim..touch wood ..but hoped they would be ok if i did.
Posted By: Tilly Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 10:11pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
P.M. Tilly,she's clued up on all things canine.

Originally Posted by TheDr
Tilly is good, just check policy carefully, as many of the "for life" ones have a number of clauses which makes them anything but.

A number of "large" firms have recently had to make a u-turn over this due to increasing negative publicity, but I wouldn't expect it to last forever.

thumbsup thanks guys.. but my dogs don't have insurance. I have a savings account set up for my dogs should they ever need a vet. touch wood in the last 11 years all they have seen a vet for is..a spay each for the girls and one time about 4 years ago when Bailey drank some poison on the beach. apart from that, we dont see our vet think I dont even know his name tbh and I wouldnt know what insurance to recommend sorry smile
Posted By: slinky4 Re: pet insurance - 3rd Feb 2013 10:35pm
i use pdsa its for my cats but i know they do dogs as well,i found them to be the best.
Posted By: Nigel Re: pet insurance - 4th Feb 2013 2:34pm
PetPlan for my cats. Anyone any views?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral