Forums
Posted By: slinky4 animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 9:38pm
Hi,can i please ask everyone to sign a petition ive set up over the high number of photographs increasing at an alarming rate on facebook,of animals being horrifically tortured,abused and killed for fun,those responsible clearly thriving on their latest kill/s.I want a total ban as FB refuses to stop them.Do we want our children/grandchildren/future generations thinking this is the 'norm' because its allowed!! I DONT,its wrong and it has to STOP.The pain & suffering in these animals faces is haunting..please sign the petition and join the group..thank you
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/316/...imal-photographs-on-facebook/?cid=FB_TAF
Posted By: rocks Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 10:08pm
i didnt even know things like that are on FB.... signed
Posted By: granny Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 10:46pm
Sorry to say, I don't use Facebook, thank you. So am not aware of all the horrid stuff that can circulate. Thanks for posting this and making us aware of these horrific acts, Slinky.

Signed and good luck
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 10:49pm
Thanks Rocks,these photos are absolutely sickening.i wont go into detail on here as i dont want to upset anyone,but you can read and see how horrific it is on the group i set up, just in the first paragraph on facebook.To see the suffering and torture in those animals faces is beyond belief with the culprits faces on full show laughing posing with their lastest kill/s :'( its heartbreaking,they are thriving on these pictures being circulated,it as to be stopped
Posted By: Userpam82 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 10:56pm
Signed
Good luck x
Posted By: eggandchips Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:06pm
signed
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:14pm
Thank you to everyone who has signed,if anyone could share the petition if they have facebook and the group that would be fantastic.
xx
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:16pm
Originally Posted by slinky4
Thanks Rocks,these photos are absolutely sickening.i wont go into detail on here as i dont want to upset anyone,but you can read and see how horrific it is on the group i set up, just in the first paragraph on facebook.To see the suffering and torture in those animals faces is beyond belief with the culprits faces on full show laughing posing with their lastest kill/s :'( its heartbreaking,they are thriving on these pictures being circulated,it as to be stopped
I want to sign but I do not want to be confronted with images of animals in torturous pain.
I still have nightmares about Tillys post of animals found in the docks, with taped up mouths. (true)
I understand that horrific images are necarrsary to highlight the plight but too horrific may be off-putting to (believe it or not) sensitive people, like myself. x
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:16pm
http://www.facebook.com/groups/253795331418884/ here is the group for anyone who wants to join.Thank you xx
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:23pm
I know that I come across as a bit of a shit, re. my last post. Are there mind-scarring pics on the link?
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:27pm
Rudebox,there are absolutely NO photographs at all on the group or on the petition..That was one of the first rules i made loud and clear,under no circumstances are any to be posted on there,if they are they will be deleted instantly and the person removed and blocked from the group..I hate these images,i still cant them out of my head and theres so many:( circulating those pictures does NOT raise awareness it fuels those sickos desire to carry on,by giving them their moment of sick fame frown
Dont worry you wont see anything,please sign x
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:29pm
no you didnt Rude,thats normal to not want to see them.i dont want to see them!!i have enough still swimming round in my head that just wont go frown you wont see any pictures at all smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:33pm
Thankyou. I will sign x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:38pm
Signed and shared.
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:40pm
Thank you so much x
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 27th Jan 2013 11:41pm
Signed. Thankfully, I've never seen the kinds of sick pages you describe, (and I'd never want to,) but it's outrageous for Facebook to deny all responsibility and abdicate all authority! Especially since I've read they quickly remove photo's of women breastfeeding their babies on the grounds that it's "obscene"!?

They need to work with police, start removing these pages and prosecuting the sub-humans featured in them. These "people" can't be allowed to feel what they're doing is normal, because their crimes will only escalate.

FB have a duty!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 12:02am
I agree Goldmoon. I recently signed a petition to remove a group called 'I like fiddling with children' or something like that.
Blatent peaodophilia!!
Did not click the link but I understood that its a page to share images. fooking disgusting.
Posted By: boogaloo Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 12:11am
Signed xx
Posted By: Teardrop Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 7:23am
don't have facebook but signed it
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 9:46am
Thank you for signing and this is the problem,when i reported the last photo of the same 2 men holding up 2 poor cats,(i wont go into graphic detail),which are in so many pictures,responsible for the sadisitic killing of literally 100's of cats and dogs and the huge grins on their faces every single time is unreal...facebook refused to take the picture down as it 'wasnt deemed violent' what the hell!!!! horrific death and torture NOT deemed violent????????? This is creating a society that sees this torture as the norm,if this continues,what will it be like in 10 years time!!.the frustrating part is they have the power to trace them easily but refuse to.To me by letting this continue Facebook are supporting this horrific torture .
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 10:46am
Signed,I wish you the best of luck.Please keep us informed of any success you may have.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 12:03pm
I left facebook because of these "Liked" pictures. That and mutilated babies, pro-soldier propaganda, like if you hate cancer, ignore if you want your family to die.

Its attention seeking at an abhorrent level. Makes me sick.
Posted By: ianyam Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 4:28pm
Signed & shared, my wife and myself are animal lovers, we have 2 dogs and 4 parrots, we would have more if our house was bigger. I have said before humans are wicked to other humans, therefore animals mean nothing to some, its a terrible world we live in and its getting worse.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 5:56pm
Hi,can i please ask everyone to sign a petition ive set up over the high number of photographs increasing at an alarming rate on facebook,of animals being horrifically tortured,abused and killed for fun,those responsible clearly thriving on their latest kill/s.I want a total ban as FB refuses to stop them.Do we want our children/grandchildren/future generations thinking this is the 'norm' because its allowed!! I DONT,its wrong and it has to STOP.The pain & suffering in these animals faces is haunting..please sign the petition and join the group..thank you

Absolute rubbish, you going to say this puppy got tortured now too?....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tilly Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 6:59pm
Keep up the great work in getting this crap banned Slinky thumbsup you know you have my full support hun xx yes
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 7:02pm
Thanks Tilly,had a fantastic response so far in such a short space of time smile xxx
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 7:05pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Absolute rubbish, you going to say this puppy got tortured now too?....

[Linked Image]
you/everyone on here knows that she doesn't mean PIC like that, she means ones where people show what their dog has done like ripping another dog to bits, like the girl on the news not so long ago who's guide dog was set on for so called fun.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 7:55pm
Ed I have never seen that before on Facebook and if you have it won't be around the uk.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 8:24pm
Ste the pics pop up if you've liked say RSPCA SSPCA ASPCA and Peta or someone that has, yes most are not based in the UK most pics are like the ads you see on daytime TV but some trolls on there post up sick pics to get a raise. There like the ones you see in Birkenhead where they ask you to sign forms to stop bears from dancing in Moscow, but like I said they have people posting more and more stuff like dog fighting or cock fighting.

PS Sorry for lack of comas but tablet is in a mood tonight and its touch or go if it puts them in.
Posted By: Tilly Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 8:29pm
Thanks Tilly,had a fantastic response so far in such a short space of time smile xxx

402 so far hun great work. bowdown
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 8:58pm
Ste...it is your ignorant attitude that is helping to create the society think that this is acceptable,by burying your head in the sand.your very fortunate not to have seen any of thee pictures,ive seen far to many.it isnt just groups that post these,it is indivuals and yes some ARE in this country.I could put one of these such pictures on here now,BUT out of respect to everyone else who does not wish to see these horrible images,i wont.if you dont want to sign the petition thats fine but please dont keep leaving your negative comments.
Posted By: Tilly Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 9:04pm
Ste...it is your ignorant attitude that is helping to create the society think that this is acceptable,by burying your head in the sand.your very fortunate not to have seen any of thee pictures,ive seen far to many.it isnt just groups that post these,it is indivuals and yes some ARE in this country.I could put one of these such pictures on here now,BUT out of respect to everyone else who does not wish to see these horrible images,i wont.if you dont want to sign the petition thats fine but please dont keep leaving your negative comments.

withthat
Posted By: valli Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 28th Jan 2013 11:45pm
signed petition. please keep us informed so that we can help stop these atrocities from happening.
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 12:34am
huge thank you to everyone for signing in the petition so far,in just under 2 days we have got over 400 signatures and over 700 people have joined the group,We still have a long way to go,but the support has been incredible..please keep signing and sharing the link if you have twitter or facebook ....thank you all so much..ill keep you updated smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 9:49am
Originally Posted by Tilly

withthat

Fine, i will sign your petition, i was simply saying i have never seen these things on facebook.
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 10:48am
Thanks Ste,every signature counts smile
Posted By: granny Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 11:02am
Have just sent the petition link to all my 'old' friends by email. They don't do 'facebook' and will therefore not know about it. So fingers crossed, as they are all animal lovers and each have a far and wide circle of friends..... happy
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 11:12am
Granny,Thank you so much,its reached so many countries already and its great so many people are sharing it smile
Posted By: snowshoes Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 12:36pm
I have also sent this link to many of my friends. I think they all use Facebook.
Posted By: daisy_kat Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 3:59pm
signed and shared.
Posted By: jaki1 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 4:15pm
Signed and sent link to friends.
Posted By: stickybeak Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 7:28pm
petition signed,Lets stop these sad losers .
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 11:24pm
Just a quick update ,,thank you to everyone whos already signed,in just 3 days weve got over 500 signatures smile Please keep signing and sharing the link on Facebook and Twitter,we have a long way to go smile THANK YOU
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 29th Jan 2013 11:49pm
Great news!!!! laugh
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 31st Jan 2013 8:34am
PLEASE keep signing and sharing guys smile
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 2nd Feb 2013 12:34pm
Just to warn everyone,the petition now has a photograph on....it is one of the milder ones but still absolutely sickening....please sign and share .The group will stay with absolutely no images at all, thanks
Posted By: reddragon Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 2nd Feb 2013 12:50pm
Signed and shared
Posted By: slinky4 Re: animal cruelty/torture petition - 2nd Feb 2013 10:51pm
thanks Reddragon smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral