Forums
Posted By: Tilly Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 12:55pm
Tallulahs is a small sanctuary based in Willaston in the Winter and Prenton in the Summer...
We currently have 5 horses, 6 ponies and 8 donkeys.
We are always looking for volunteers over the age of 16.. (younger kids are welcome but they must have an adult with them at all times) to help feed and groom, as well as mucking out and any help around the farm. Text Marion on 07557410 817 to volunteer.Thanks xx

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Marion Founder of Tallulah's Sanctuary..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jaz: withe her own Donkey in her white patch xx
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tallulah
[Linked Image]

Posted By: stickybeak Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 1:46pm
Love the pictures, keep up the good work, good to know someone cares about them xx
Posted By: granny Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 2:06pm
Tilly, I think we all knew you would get your teeth into something, whilst on your sick bed. Well done.

Does Tallulah's have an 'Adopt A Pony/Donkey/Horse' club? It could be something local residents would be interested in joining. Maybe that would help towards more horses etc. to be rescued.

Posted By: BadWolf Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 5:18pm
Spirits story nearly had me in tears. How old is she? It's so sad that not all horses and ponies can be as lucky as her.
Are any of them able to be ridden? Pony days would raise a lot of money for the sanctuary. Riding schools charge anything in the region of £40 for kids to spend the day mucking out, grooming and riding. Once kids meet the ponies and make friends with them they'll be desperate to come again and again. Would be worth offering them for loan at a small donation fee even if they're not able to be ridden. Kids love to groom ponies and don't always get the chance at riding schools.

Where abouts in Willaston are you based? My own horse is stabled in willaston and I'm sure my little sister would love to come and groom your ponies as the ones on our yard are competition horses and too big for a 4yr old to cuddle!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 6:29pm
Originally Posted by BadWolf
Spirits story nearly had me in tears. How old is she? It's so sad that not all horses and ponies can be as lucky as her.
Are any of them able to be ridden? Pony days would raise a lot of money for the sanctuary. Riding schools charge anything in the region of £40 for kids to spend the day mucking out, grooming and riding. Once kids meet the ponies and make friends with them they'll be desperate to come again and again. Would be worth offering them for loan at a small donation fee even if they're not able to be ridden. Kids love to groom ponies and don't always get the chance at riding schools.

Where abouts in Willaston are you based? My own horse is stabled in willaston and I'm sure my little sister would love to come and groom your ponies as the ones on our yard are competition horses and too big for a 4yr old to cuddle!

Hi, because we have only been running as a sanctuary for about 8 months all the stuff you mentioned will eventually be possible. Both sites need quite a lot of work doing on them, but you are very welcome to call in with your little sister, she can cuddle as many as she wants to the Willaston Field, It's a 5 minute walk from Hooton Station before you get to Benty heath Lane.. We have 4 ride-able Donkeys and 1 ride-able pony.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 6:34pm
Originally Posted by granny
Tilly, I think we all knew you would get your teeth into something, whilst on your sick bed. Well done.

Does Tallulah's have an 'Adopt A Pony/Donkey/Horse' club? It could be something local residents would be interested in joining. Maybe that would help towards more horses etc. to be rescued.

Hi Granny, adopt a donkey/pony is something we will consider when the place is more accessible to the public.

I've been with the Sanctuary since it opened 8 months ago and love the hands on work that goes on, but since the accident I'm just doing the admin side, running the facebook page, organising fund raising events etc etc.. I'd much rather be getting down and dirty hahaha xx
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 6:43pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 6:50pm
New Boy Blake

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BadWolf Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 7:14pm
Originally Posted by Tilly

Hi, because we have only been running as a sanctuary for about 8 months all the stuff you mentioned will eventually be possible. Both sites need quite a lot of work doing on them, but you are very welcome to call in with your little sister, she can cuddle as many as she wants to the Willaston Field, It's a 5 minute walk from Hooton Station before you get to Benty heath Lane.. We have 4 ride-able Donkeys and 1 ride-able pony.

My yard is on Benty Heath lane so not far away at all. Do you get all your ponies from Beeston?
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 8:23pm
not all of them have come from Beeston, Marion had a couple of the Donkeys and a horse before she bought several from Beeston sales, but there are so many needing saving from the meat man she decided to set up the sanctuary and save as many as possible. we are full up at the moment but as Marion says "There's always room for one more" x
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 8:34pm
Originally Posted by Tilly
not all of them have come from Beeston, Marion had a couple of the Donkeys and a horse before she bought several from Beeston sales, but there are so many needing saving from the meat man she decided to set up the sanctuary and save as many as possible. we are full up at the moment but as Marion says "There's always room for one more" x

aww thats how we got blake room for one more.he is adorable wait till Libby see's him.
pictures are great by the way but omg i look fat with all my layers on hahaha
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 8:53pm
Originally Posted by Zelda2012

aww thats how we got blake room for one more.he is adorable wait till Libby see's him.
pictures are great by the way but omg i look fat with all my layers on hahaha

glad you like the pics, most of them are yours hahaha xxx
Posted By: BadWolf Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 8:55pm
Blakes a little stunner how could anybody want to get rid of him
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 9:05pm
Blake is the only ride-able pony there at the moment, so when the weather is better you should bring your little sister over to see us xx
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 9:12pm
Blakes a little stunner how could anybody want to get rid of him

people get bored kids out grow them.
poor Blake was not bought and we had to haggle the guy down in price just to save him from the meatman.
At some point a little child adored him till she got fed up.
On a happy note Blake has a forever home with us at Tallulahs and he has settled in well
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 20th Jan 2013 9:17pm
I myself have just started helping out with Tallulah's Donkey and Horse Sanctuary and it is one of the most rewarding things I have done..plus I'm slowly getting fit and healthy in the process. As said by Tilly any help in any way would be gratefully appreciated (No matter how little) Thank you :))
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 6th Feb 2013 1:15pm
We are still looking for Volunteers to help out.
Also paving Slags, sheds, fencing, woodchippings that people
Want rid of, we will gladly have them. Thanks Karen
Posted By: CraigKing Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 7th Mar 2013 5:48pm
Where is the sanctuary? I'd Love to have a look but can't seem to find an address/location for it anywhere online.
Posted By: turnip Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 7th Mar 2013 7:16pm
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 7th Mar 2013 8:13pm
Where is this about?i would be interested, but can only help out at weekends if needed.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 7th Mar 2013 9:59pm
Originally Posted by CraigKing
Where is the sanctuary? I'd Love to have a look but can't seem to find an address/location for it anywhere online.

Originally Posted by Candlyfloss
Where is this about?i would be interested, but can only help out at weekends if needed.

Hi The Sanctuary is on Hooton road Willaston, its about a 5 minute walk from Hooton station. Tallulah's click here.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 8th Mar 2013 6:17pm
Thanks Tilly,
Posted By: Peachy Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 17th Mar 2013 9:16pm
You still looking for helpers?

Pm me xx
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Tallulah's Donkey & Horse Sanctuary.. - 17th Mar 2013 11:37pm
yes peachy we sure are
© Wirral-Wikiwirral