Forums
Posted By: vicki91 Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 5:02pm
Please help, my cat polly has gone missing from Longview Avenue, off Seaview Road in Liscard. She's black and white, quite a big girl and tends to be quite wary of strangers.

she went out at 7.30 on saturday 11th august and i haven't seen her since, but she's pretty much a house cat and only ever goes out for an hour or two at a time maximum so we are very worried.

She has a mostly black face with a strip of white fur between her eyes, and a white chin, and also two white patches of fur between her nose and mouth. Her back is entirely black, and she has a white stomach and chest with a strip of black fur around her middle that looks a bit like a belt.

Any info would be much appreciated, please all look out for her! Thank you

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 6:20pm
This cat was possibly seen in asda car park about an hour ago. I pointed it out to my wife as it looks very similar to ours.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 6:27pm
Hope you find your cat safe.
Posted By: slinky4 Re: Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 9:33pm
Thanks ASE71 Pollys family are checking this out now,finger crossed they find her smile
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 9:38pm
She was sitting by the railings that seperate asda from the tennis courts. Hope you find her. I thought it was a bit odd to see a cat in that car park.......
Posted By: slinky4 Re: Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 9:43pm
thats great thanks,ive just let them know whereabout you may have seen her,they are there now looking .much appreciated
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 10:01pm
hi, thanks very much for letting me know, just got back from asda carpark and i couldn't find her anywhere, looked in all the bushes with a torch in case she was sheltering from the rain but i couldn't see her. going to have a look again tomorrow and keep searching all of the local streets, thanks very much for the help!
Posted By: granny Re: Please help Lost cat - 13th Aug 2012 10:58pm
Stick a load of flyers up around the area,on lamp posts, bins,trees, anything. Also try putting an open tin of fish out,(salmon is stronger I think) it might encourage a load of other cats but also may bring her back home, if she's hungry and not too far away.You could take some with you when you go looking for her.

I really hope she is found. Good luck.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Please help Lost cat - 14th Aug 2012 10:00am
It might be an idea to go back to the carpark when its busy. She seemed to just be sitting there watching eveything going on.
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 14th Aug 2012 10:39am
thanks, i'll head down there again as soon as i can!
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Please help Lost cat - 15th Aug 2012 5:47pm
Any news?
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 15th Aug 2012 6:04pm
No news, had a couple of people thinking they've spotted her in tankred road but when i get there there's no cats to be seen, and it might not have been polly anyway. I've been back to asda lots of times but no sign of her, and handed out more flyers further from my house. thanks for looking out for her!
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Please help Lost cat - 15th Aug 2012 6:18pm
Keep us informed. If its any consolation, our cat went missing last summer, he just turned up at the back door 15 days later.
Posted By: slinky4 Re: Please help Lost cat - 17th Aug 2012 6:18pm
omg really???? wow that is fantastic,you must have thought you was seeing things,lol.has it stayed home since it returned?
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Please help Lost cat - 17th Aug 2012 6:54pm
Was that you putting the flyers up in the bowl today? Good luck hope you find her

TheMrs
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 17th Aug 2012 9:47pm
It was my mum putting some flyers in the bowl today! thanks very much, i just want her to come home now frown

Posted By: kevinhit Re: Please help Lost cat - 17th Aug 2012 10:24pm
dont know if this helps but saw a cat like yours bottom of Gerard Road, near Hose side road, just sitting on the pavement, yesterday, 16th aug. Hope this is of help in some way.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Please help Lost cat - 17th Aug 2012 11:15pm
Originally Posted by helenellis5
omg really???? wow that is fantastic,you must have thought you was seeing things,lol.has it stayed home since it returned?

Yes, never done a disappearing act since.....
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 18th Aug 2012 10:31am
Thanks Kevinhit, i'll have a look around the captain's pit area today!
Posted By: kevinhit Re: Please help Lost cat - 18th Aug 2012 7:01pm
have a look in all the roads off Gerard Road aswell, good luck
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Please help Lost cat - 18th Aug 2012 8:42pm
Ive been seeing all your posters atound hen ive been putting my posters of ollie up, had people calling saying they have ollie but been searching and finding no cat and even today was called to be told ollie is lay very poorly in a garden but when we arrived it wasnt him....

I hope your polly comes home xxxx
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 18th Aug 2012 9:11pm
Hi WLH27, is ollie your cat? i've seen him listed on a few websites and i've been looking out for him while i've been looking for polly, i've had a few calls about polly but when i get there i usually find a black and white cat with similar markings that isn't Polly. It's so disappointing frown but it's good to know that so many people are keeping an eye out for them.
I hope Ollie comes home soon, i'll keep looking out for him xxxx
Posted By: slinky4 Re: Please help Lost cat - 19th Aug 2012 7:33am
WLH27I hope you get Ollie home,Where was the cat who was injured/ill? is it still there? how bad is it,does it need a vet?
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Please help Lost cat - 19th Aug 2012 9:53am
He was in liscard, by oldershaw school, in a elderly couples bavk garden, he definatly needed to see a vet, his right eye was very sore looking and he was hiding at the bck of a bush where he had been sitting and sleeping for days, the rspca just assumed it was my cat and gave them my number... I told her to call the rspca back ecause they couldnt leave the poor thing there, he wouldnt come out of the bush even when i offered treats i had taken with me incase it was my ollie....

Im hoping the rspca have been and collected him...
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 19th Aug 2012 11:17am
which street was it, and do you know the house number? somebody should check that they have been in case the cat is still there x
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 19th Aug 2012 11:50am
We've spoken to the people with the injured cat in Burns Avenue and the RSPCA have taken the cat smile x
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Please help Lost cat - 19th Aug 2012 7:12pm
Oh thank goodness, they should have done that to start off with instead of just handing oit my details to them....

Glad they hve taken him though the poor thing
Posted By: vicki91 Re: Please help Lost cat - 12th Sep 2012 2:26pm
Polly is still missing frown please all carry on keeping an eye out for her, as we have have had no news or information about her.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral