Forums
Posted By: clayman22 Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 10th Aug 2012 8:13pm
I managed to coax a cockatiel from the trees in Queens Park in Hoylake, using my best bird pulling skills and a handful of mini cheddars.

The wife thought I was mad but I managed to lure it down and also acquire a cardboard box (thanks to a kind fella in Sandhey Rd) to take it to McCoombs Pet Shop. Unfortunately they didn't have any spare cages to put it in, so I ended up leaving it in Hoylake Vetinary Surgery on Birkenhead Road 0151 6325676.

If anyone has lost or knows of a missing cockatiel, please give the vets a call.

Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 11th Aug 2012 9:09am
Well done Sir, not an easy thing to do. Hopefully it has not travelled very far and should be re-united with its owner.
Great result clayman.
Posted By: ianyam Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 11th Aug 2012 10:13am
Well done clayman, I have copied and pasted this to my Facebook page.
Posted By: turnip Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 11th Aug 2012 11:19pm
Fyi. My mrs works in a post office near to the owner and often speaks to the owner. She came in today very pleased as 'someone had found her bird and handed it in at hoylake vets' so the bird has been returned I am led to believe.

Top job smile
Posted By: j_demo Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 12th Aug 2012 12:14am
congrats clayman!

you deserve a pint
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 12th Aug 2012 12:40am
Clayman i salute you, sir.

Good on ya pal.

You got my full respect!
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 13th Aug 2012 8:19pm
Brilliant and it's all thanks to clayman for acting so promptly and using his initiative.
You deserve a gallon let alone a pint.
Posted By: clayman22 Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 16th Aug 2012 6:31pm
Cheers people.

I thought it was surprisingly easy to coax him down from the tree to the lower branches but a tad harder to actually encourage him onto my person. He eventually flew onto my head and then proceeded to run up and down my shoulder and arm, much to my three year old nieces delight. I managed to carefully grasp him in my grubby mit and headed to the nearest house, where I acquired the box and the suggestion I take him to McCoombs.

It turns out that he had flown all the way from Rock Ferry and was re-united with his owner the next day. I'm chuffed that all was sorted out and he has returned home safely.

Now for that pint.

Posted By: Kev30x Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 16th Aug 2012 8:14pm
Great seeing it in the paper today mate. It was like a storyline out of a movie with the happy ending! Ha Ha. That picture and the story of the lads heartbreak and search for his little punk feathered friend must of given you a real high that will stay with you for a very long time and made it all very well worth while! smile
im sure you will be that lads hero and you have saved him sinking into a world of sadness and depression as he pined for his little dude. And no doubt if it wasn't for you, the Cockatiel would of definately died.

Good on ya mate.

Take it easy.

Posted By: granny Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 17th Aug 2012 10:50am
Well done Clayman, great to have a happy ending. happy
Posted By: Helles Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 17th Aug 2012 11:11am
Should be done for cruelty feeding cheese to a bird. Now known as the birdman of Wallasey.
Posted By: granny Re: Cockatiel found in Hoylake - 17th Aug 2012 11:47am
[quote=Helles]Should be done for cruelty feeding cheese to a bird. Now known as the birdman of Wallasey. [/quote

raftl raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral