Forums
Posted By: starakita cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 5:28pm
my friend is having trouble with cats doing their business by his car & he's getting fed up he asked me so I said id ask on here for him if anyone knows what you can do to try& stop them.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 5:41pm
Jeyes fluid wink keeps the things away or sit in the car till they start to poo then oh my the hand brake is lose bye bye mr cat

whistle seeyu
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 6:04pm
Is your friend absolutely sure it is a cat? Has he actually SEEN the cat doing this or just found it by the car in the morning?
Cats are frequently blamed but it is usually a fox during the night. It looks just the same and foxes never cover it over, cats are very particular about this and very rarely use open hard surfaces.
Or does your friend park his car on grass or bare earth?
Cats get unfairly blamed for this.
I know this because I have several foxes in the garden and have to clear up quite regularly.
Posted By: davew3 Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 6:04pm
My wife uses lemon peel around the garden where she doesn't want a moggy to visit.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 6:08pm
Didn't know that tip lemon peel
Going to use that happy
Posted By: starakita Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 6:30pm
Originally Posted by muzzy2
Is your friend absolutely sure it is a cat? Has he actually SEEN the cat doing this or just found it by the car in the morning?
Cats are frequently blamed but it is usually a fox during the night. It looks just the same and foxes never cover it over, cats are very particular about this and very rarely use open hard surfaces.
Or does your friend park his car on grass or bare earth?
Cats get unfairly blamed for this.
I know this because I have several foxes in the garden and have to clear up quite regularly.
my cat when I had him used to go in the gutter he tried to cover it but there wasn't much to cover it with.Il check with him think its in the road but Ill mention foxes to him
Posted By: little_pob Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 7:53pm
Jeyes fluid is the way to go for hard ground/gravel. For grass I've seen pepper, lemon peel, citronella oil and chilli powder recommended. I don't think the RSPCA would approve of chilli powder though...
Posted By: SirTankWelder Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 9:15pm
Posted By: alann Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 11:32pm
Originally Posted by little_pob
Jeyes fluid is the way to go for hard ground/gravel. For grass I've seen pepper, lemon peel, citronella oil and chilli powder recommended. I don't think the RSPCA would approve of chilli powder though...

Not bothered what the RSPCA think they don't have to clean it up, going to try the pepper / chilli powder route...
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: cats doing their business - 23rd Jul 2012 11:42pm
I also doubt it's cats. Have owned cats all my life and have yet to see one doing it's business on tarmac or concrete
Posted By: delta6 Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 7:13am
Posted By: starakita Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 10:16am
thanks for the tips Ill let him know but I did tell him not to go down the shooting route because if its a cat its someones pet & I would have been devastated if someone had done that to my cat.
Posted By: Paul77 Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 4:46pm
Anyone suggesting shooting a cat is a complete irresponsible moron.

Not only is it killing someone's pet it's also,illegal and giving people who who use airguns legitimately a bad name.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 7:43pm
Originally Posted by Paul77

Not only is it killing someone's pet it's also,illegal and giving people who who use airguns legitimately a bad name.

With that !
Good shout Paul smile
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 7:56pm

Just out of interest,what's a legitimate use for an airgun?
Posted By: DJDuck Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 9:11pm
Anybody who suggests harming an animal is a real tosser and I think deep down they know it. Trying to be a macho man is lame and if I ever saw you harming a cat I would simply..........
Posted By: Wench Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 10:14pm
How about just park somewhere else?
Posted By: Paul77 Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 10:46pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan

Just out of interest,what's a legitimate use for an airgun?

Target shooting be it at paper targets, metal targets (spinners, knockdown targets etc) or what's known as plinking, shooting match boxes, tin cans, bottle tops, bottles Anyang your imagination can think up.

Theres also competitive shooting, with Field target and hunter field target, which are both disaplines which involve shooting at metal knockdown targets at various ranges, you have to guess the range and get 2'pointsmfor knocking the target down. Ft is mostly shot from a sitting position hunter field target mainly from the prone position.

And there's hunting, shooting pest species that are on the general licence ie rabbits, pigeons, magpies, crows, grey squirrels and rats. They are all shot to control there population in which large numbers cause massive damage to crops, trees, songbirds, property, and livestock. The damage caused by rabbits alone is unbelievable, and most of the pest species were introduced to the UK at some point and now cause massive damage, grey squirrels being one of the worst, they are also responsible for the demise in our native and endangered red squirrel.

It's a touchy subject hunting, but until you have seen the damage caused by pests you will never understand why it needs doing.
Posted By: DJDuck Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 11:15pm
Well if I witnessed any harm to an animal I would simply get the American sports accessory/ souvenir of holiday (think NY METS) out of the boot of my vehicle and hit a "home run" based around the body/head of the harmer....again. (all legal speech)

If anyone has a problem with that PM me and I will give them a personal lesson.
Posted By: reddragon Re: cats doing their business - 24th Jul 2012 11:20pm
offtopic this started out ref cats doing there business now its gone to physical violence towards animal harmers
Posted By: ASE71 Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 12:29am
I personally like to strangle DUCKS!
Posted By: delta6 Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 7:13am
oh dear it seems ive upset a few people.
well turn it in!
i dont like cats. simple as.
as for shooting them i probably wouldnt.
i have reasons why i dont like them but im not going to go into that on here.
i suppose the people on here who are up in arms are vegan, leaf eating human beings who have never harmed an animal, ate meat or even had a fly splat on their windscreen?
no i didnt think so.

i also have a legitimate reason for owning my air rifle.
Posted By: Paul77 Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 8:25am
Account under review
Posted By: delta6 Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 9:16am
fair enough paul.
my original post was a bit tongue in cheek but then the pc brigade jumped on the bandwagon. the pc brigade are present in all walks of life and most would protest at the opening of an envelope if they could.
i understand what you are saying and no offence was meant.

its funny how some keyboard warriors on here would inflict harm on a human being but not on a defenseless animal.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 10:07am
In my last place my front garden was given over to large pebbles as cover which provided an extra parking space for when we had visitors. I was putting Jeyes fluid down with a watering can and next door started laughing and said it was the first time he'd seen anyone watering pebbles. He went away with his tail between his legs when I ripped into him and told him I wasn't watering rocks I was disinfecting cat shoit from his moggies and didn't even own a cat. Don't tell me that cats are fussy, they'll shoit anywhere ask anyone who used to have a coal shed for instance. I used to have to do my back garden as well and the smell from the urine is an off putter too. Cat owners and dog owners never see anything wrong in what their "pets" do and anyone else who is inconvenienced by them is always in the wrong.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 11:53am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
In my last place my front garden was given over to large pebbles as cover which provided an extra parking space for when we had visitors. I was putting Jeyes fluid down with a watering can and next door started laughing and said it was the first time he'd seen anyone watering pebbles. He went away with his tail between his legs when I ripped into him and told him I wasn't watering rocks I was disinfecting cat shoit from his moggies and didn't even own a cat. Don't tell me that cats are fussy, they'll shoit anywhere ask anyone who used to have a coal shed for instance. I used to have to do my back garden as well and the smell from the urine is an off putter too. Cat owners and dog owners never see anything wrong in what their "pets" do and anyone else who is inconvenienced by them is always in the wrong.

withthat but don't what ever you do put a cat in a wheely bin raftl
Posted By: Mark Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 3:08pm
wikiopinion
Posted By: starakita Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 3:38pm
didn't think just asking for some advice for a friend would cause this much bother,ive texted the tips to him so when I next see him Ill ask if he's tried any except shooting them.
Posted By: Angharad111 Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 7:16pm
Cats like to cover up what they do. Cats doing it on a hard surface is a no no but I would say it could be a little dog that somebody has trained it to go in the gutter, so, the dog walker thinks he/she doesn't need to pick pooh up cos it is where it is. In the gutter. I have a dog and two cats. My cats like newly turned over soil - easy to bury the pooh. That's what cats do! Oh and I am a dog walker that clears up after my dog.
Posted By: starakita Re: cats doing their business - 25th Jul 2012 9:41pm
Originally Posted by Angharad111
Cats like to cover up what they do. Cats doing it on a hard surface is a no no but I would say it could be a little dog that somebody has trained it to go in the gutter, so, the dog walker thinks he/she doesn't need to pick pooh up cos it is where it is. In the gutter. I have a dog and two cats. My cats like newly turned over soil - easy to bury the pooh. That's what cats do! Oh and I am a dog walker that clears up after my dog.
my cat used to go in the gutter ive seen him do it,he's no longer with us.He did try to cover it up,ima dog walker & I always pick up after her.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral