Forums
Posted By: Tranquil MISSING Collie - 12th Jul 2012 7:22pm
hi guys, our border collie has got out of the back gate, she has traditional collie markings, if anyone sees a collie walking around on her own please phone 200 2080

thank you
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: MISSING Collie - 12th Jul 2012 7:25pm
Oh no hope you find her. What area and whats her name
Posted By: Tranquil Re: MISSING Collie - 12th Jul 2012 7:41pm
Wallaset area , by withens lanem her name is Me-Ka
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: MISSING Collie - 12th Jul 2012 7:44pm
Hurry home me-ka. Sorry im in bebington. Otherwise id of gone for a walk to try and find her.
Posted By: Tranquil Re: MISSING Collie - 12th Jul 2012 8:30pm
Me-KA is now spending the night in the local dog hotel (pound) she was found in the road next to us, unfortunetly we had no tag on her (in future she will), 2 community police officers were really helpful and nice, thank you to them, we can pick her up in the morning.....

thank you
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: MISSING Collie - 12th Jul 2012 8:48pm
Ah at least shes safe, i you can all sleep tonight, get that Tag sorted 1st thing. Hope you have her chipped as well.
Glad she's safe.
Posted By: Tranquil Re: MISSING Collie - 13th Jul 2012 11:28am
Thank you pegsgirl, No she isnt chipped either, we learn by our mistakes, thankfully she was ok and happy to see us and we will get her chipped on wednesday and already got her some tags...
Posted By: Alonso Re: MISSING Collie - 13th Jul 2012 11:41am
Glad you have traced your dog. Unfortunately it will cost you £30.00 at the dog's pound. Same thing happened to us a few weeks ago. The dog was actually found by a close neighbour who took it into his home and then phoned the dog's pound in Corporation Road as he had no idea it was our dog. He asked if anybody had inquired about the dog that he had found. We already had, but the staff there told him to bring the dog to them. Quite a distance too. He kindly obliged. It would have been far easier if the Dog's- Pound people had phoned us to tell us of the dog's whereabouts. It was only a short walk away and wouldn't have wasted this kind gentleman's time, money in petrol, and us having to thump up £30,00 to recover the dog. Obviously the thirty quid was the real reason for the mean spirited actions of the DP staff.
Posted By: TheDr Re: MISSING Collie - 13th Jul 2012 12:06pm
I have always found the staff there to be helpful in every way that they can.

When you go to pick a dog up you have to provide ID so that they know, and can prove, where the dog has gone.

Anyone can ring up and say that their dog has gone missing, if they then send you round to someone's house to collect it, or them to yours, what are they leaving themselves open to if it's not your dog, or something happens at the others house.

Mistakes happen, I've had my dog slip his collar (he now wears a harness), and that would have meant no visible ID (he is chipped).

The £30 covers costs and is also a good incentive to put a tag on him, especially if it happens more than once (certain dogs are at the pound almost weekly).
You can get them for a few quid at most pet shops, Pets at Home even has a machine by the door to make them for you. If the dog had a number I'm sure the kind person who found him would ring that number before the pound.

If you don't want to trouble the "kindly old gentleman", or deal with the "mean spirited staff", you need to put your details on the dogs collar smile
Posted By: Alonso Re: MISSING Collie - 14th Jul 2012 12:23am
The kindly old gentleman lives a 2 minute walk away from where the dog went missing. Honest! He was delivered of a nice big box of chocolates for his trouble. I agree the dog should have a collar with his name tag on. That's since been put right. I still think the object was to obtain a fee. Nothing to do with anything untoward taking place. I only wish some of these dog wardens were around when people are allowing their dogs to mess up the pavements. Although I don't suppose that's their department.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral